C238 LNBF Dual Output vs. C2-PLL with 5G WiMAX 4G LTE Radar Interference Filter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I found on the net a 3.7 4.2 ghz lnb with 5G filter
some features below
what differences does titanium have with this lnb

thank you

Specifications :

Noise Figure: 17K

Gain : 65dB

Input Frequency - 3.7-4.2GHz

Output Frequency : 950-2050MHz

L.O. - 5150-5750MHz

DC Power : 12-20V /150mA

Easy installation Scalar ring included

Environmentally sealed and moisture resistant

A broad pass band with low insertion loss & high stop band rejection

5G interference C- Band LNB with single cable solution technology

Rejects 4G/5G terrestrial interference in C-Band signals

Mitigates interference signals less than -25 dBm with no loss

some features below

thank you

Specifications :

L.O. - 5150-5750MHz

Specs are on his sale page:

some features below

thank you

Specifications :

L.O. - 5150-5750MHz

This is a bandstacked LNBF and not voltage polarity switched. With a bandpass frequency range of 3700-4200MHz, it won't be effective at attenuating the 5G frequencies used in North America.

Maybe I did not say it clear enough
at the same frequency 3.7 4.2 what is the difference with titanium
I know you are a titanium model 3.7 4.2
certainly not good for the North American market
for the European one maybe
this sentence I wanted to understand

anto@ Send him a direct email at: sales@titaniumsatellite.com OR support@titaniumsatellite.com

You'll likely get a much quicker response and answer.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Sorry, no idea what you are asking. Maybe ask the question differently?

Three things:
1) When will 5G expand into the 3.8 to 4.0 GHz range in North America?
2) If anyone outside of the 5G coverage area wants a Titanium PLL LNBF I have two of them currently listed for sale in the Classified section here. If you don't like the price, make me an offer. One is a Titanium PLL C2W-Wideband 2 output and the other is a C1PLL with Wimax filter. I have strong 5G here and can't use them, but these would be great if you are in the country. They both worked perfectly before 5G.
3) The Titanium C138 SAVED my C-Band reception here in California. Without it I would not be watching C-band at all. There is some very strong 5G here in Roseville, CA.

Brett

Reactions: c-spand
Three things:
1) When will 5G expand into the 3.8 to 4.0 GHz range in North America?
2) If anyone outside of the 5G coverage area wants a Titanium PLL LNBF I have two of them currently listed for sale in the Classified section here. If you don't like the price, make me an offer. One is a Titanium PLL C2W-Wideband 2 output and the other is a C1PLL with Wimax filter. I have strong 5G here and can't use them, but these would be great if you are in the country. They both worked perfectly before 5G.
3) The Titanium C138 SAVED my C-Band reception here in California. Without it I would not be watching C-band at all. There is some very strong 5G here in Roseville, CA.

Brett
The FCC transition plan for CONUS set the end of use date of Dec. 5, 2025. The incentivized accelerated schedule for the satellite service platforms to vacate is Dec. 5, 2023.

I suspect that there will be significant FAA oversight, legal wrangling and implementation delays due to the increased potetial of adjacent frequency nterference with legacy aircraft flight approach systems.

Reactions: N6BY and c-spand
Sorry, no idea what you are asking. Maybe ask the question differently?
I want to understand the meaning of the writing

( Mitigates interference signals less than -25 dBm with no loss )

also i would like to know the titanium
it also uses -25 or has another value

thank you

I want to understand the meaning of the writing

( Mitigates interference signals less than -25 dBm with no loss )

also i would like to know the titanium
it also uses -25 or has another value

thank you
I'm not sure what their specification is attempting to imply. Maybe they are trying to say that the 3.7-4.2GHz bandpass range has no signal loss, but below 3.7 the signals are attenuated -25dBm? The spec seems to read that satellite signals are passed through without attenuation, but the 5G is attenuated -25dB within the bandpass. Of course, this is not possible. A frequency range is either attenuated or not. You might ask the seller what is meant by this statement.

The C138 and C238 bandpass range is 3.8-4.2GHz. At 3.75GHz there is typically 40-45dB attenuation and below 3.7GHz, greater than 60dB.

If you were to compare the LNBFs performance below 3.7GHz the C138 and C238 LNBFs would appear to offer an additional -35dB of attenuation (filtering).

I'm not sure what their specification is attempting to imply. Maybe they are trying to say that the 3.7-4.2GHz bandpass range has no signal loss, but below 3.7 the signals are attenuated -25dBm? The spec seems to read that satellite signals are passed through without attenuation, but the 5G is attenuated -25dB within the bandpass. Of course, this is not possible. A frequency range is either attenuated or not. You might ask the seller what is meant by this statement.

The C138 and C238 bandpass range is 3.8-4.2GHz. At 3.75GHz there is typically 40-45dB attenuation and below 3.7GHz, greater than 60dB.

If you were to compare the LNBFs performance below 3.7GHz the C138 and C238 LNBFs would appear to offer an additional -35dB of attenuation (filtering).

ok this i wanted to hear
an excellent technical opinion
therefore the titanium have an attenuation of over 40/45 DB
while what I have described only attenuates 25 DB

thank you

ok this i wanted to hear
an excellent technical opinion
therefore the titanium have an attenuation of over 40/45 DB
while what I have described only attenuates 25 DB

thank you
No, this is not correct. Look at the frequencies.

Below 3700MHz the C138 and C238 models will attenuate at minimum -60dB compared to the assumed -25dB attenuation specification of the linked LNBF.

Between 3700 and 3800MHz the C138 and C238 models will attenuate 40-45dB compared to the assumed 0dB attenuation specification of the linked LNBF.

Just out of curiosity, since 5G in Europe uses a different set of frequencies than here in the US (3.4-3.8 vs 3.7-3.98 here) is this C-band filter discussion even relevant to Italy?

Reactions: Babadem
Just out of curiosity, since 5G in Europe uses a different set of frequencies than here in the US (3.4-3.8 vs 3.7-3.98 here) is this C-band filter discussion even relevant to Italy?
5G here in the US is currently below 3.8 GHz. (Eventually it will all be below 4.0 GHz).

But even for 4.1 GHz TV channels you still need a 5G filter on your LNBF. This is because local 5G is extremely strong compared to what is coming from the satellites, and it affects signals outside of its allocated spectrum.

Before I got my C138 I could not watch very many channels in the 3.8 to 4.2 GHz range.

5G here in the US is currently below 3.8 GHz. (Eventually it will all be below 4.0 GHz).

But even for 4.1 GHz TV channels you still need a 5G filter on your LNBF. This is because local 5G is extremely strong compared to what is coming from the satellites, and it affects signals outside of its allocated spectrum.

Before I got my C138 I could not watch very many channels in the 3.8 to 4.2 GHz range.
Understood but the question was about Italy which uses different frequencies.

Understood but the question was about Italy which uses different frequencies.
While there are general agreements of how frequencies will be used, countries and regions differ in their permitted operation and assigned frequencies. It doesn't matter that the range of 3400 - 3800MHz in its entirety is used for 5G services in Italy and only 3700 - 3800MHz range is currently used for some 5G services in North America. What is important, the frequency where signals will be attenuated and how much attenuation is applied outside of the band pass range.

In order to select the right interference mitigation device, the operator needs to identify the source, strength and the frequency of the interfering signal that needs to be attenuated and identify the satellite frequency range that they are attempting to pass through and receive. The operator then chooses the device that passes through the target frequency range and attenuates the unwanted frequency range. If an operator was attempting to receive satellite transponders in the 3700 - 3800MHz range, they would not select a device that attenuates this same frequency range. If the operator wishes to attenuate all signals below 3800MHz and above 4200MHz, the C138 and C238 LNBFs will work fine.

I guess my point is since he is in Italy he needs to be careful when considering a US 5G filter. For instance the ultimate goal apparently is to go all the way to 3.98 here in the US. If someone were to mfg a filter to attenuate below 3.98 that same filter used in Italy would attenuate some usable C-band freqs since their 5G tops out at 3.8. Using a 3.7 filter in India would attenuate even more of their C-band spectrum. As you can see in the chart below 5G freqs are all over the place world wide making a broad brush 5G filter problematic at best. Even a 3.7 filter doesn't cover all of the allocated freqs in the US, Ireland, Spain, Japan, or Europe since they are allocating up to 3.8 or higher. And all of this without taking into consideration that that all also use different parts of the spectrum for downlinking C-band TV. Bottom line is that 5G filtering is a country by country undertaking since they each use different parts of the spectrum for 5G as well as C-band TV.

5G world freq allocations.jpg

While there are general agreements of how frequencies will be used, countries and regions differ in their permitted operation and assigned frequencies. It doesn't matter that the range of 3400 - 3800MHz in its entirety is used for 5G services in Italy and only 3700 - 3800MHz range is currently used for some 5G services in North America. What is important, the frequency where signals will be attenuated and how much attenuation is applied outside of the band pass range.

In order to select the right interference mitigation device, the operator needs to identify the source, strength and the frequency of the interfering signal that needs to be attenuated and identify the satellite frequency range that they are attempting to pass through and receive. The operator then chooses the device that passes through the target frequency range and attenuates the unwanted frequency range. If an operator was attempting to receive satellite transponders in the 3700 - 3800MHz range, they would not select a device that attenuates this same frequency range. If the operator wishes to attenuate all signals below 3800MHz and above 4200MHz, the C138 and C238 LNBFs will work fine.

thank you for the great information. also in Italy the 5 G will use frequencies up to 3.8 GHZ then the titanium C138 and C238 can also be used in my country the problem is the transport and customs costs and the parity between the dollar and the euro at this time
thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts