$165 Later, NO ACTIVATION KEY RECEIVED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

willh3

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Surprisingly, after spending $165 I did not even receive an Activation Key. I have spent the last hour trying to figure out who to contact for support, and finally I discovered this forum.

I am not very impressed so far with the Sirius Connect system I purchased. I am an advanced computer user and I am getting very frustrated already. The documentation that came with the system is easy to follow as far as hardware connection issues are concerned, but after that it is not very informative. There is no manual included that gives any information on how to use the software. Like most companies that sell technology gadgets, tech support seems to be non-existent… or am I missing something?? I’ve read all the paperwork that came with my order but I am still very confused.

Can anyone here tell me who to contact for support and/or how I go about acquiring my activation key which is needed to use the software??

Thanks.

Usually, if you don't get the activation key in an e-mail, then either your or your ISP's spam filters caught it. Hopefully the guys at TT can get you fixed soon.

src666 said:
Usually, if you don't get the activation key in an e-mail, then either your or your ISP's spam filters caught it. Hopefully the guys at TT can get you fixed soon.

Thanks for the reply...

I only received two emails... one for the order confirmation, and the second for the shipping confirmation. I did not see the Activation Key in either of these emails.

willh3 said:
Thanks for the reply...
I only received two emails... one for the order confirmation, and the second for the shipping confirmation. I did not see the Activation Key in either of these emails.

I thought you received the keys seperately...

Also, I think you can log into the tech support website and ask for keys be sent again. I am not sure if you "trigger" them to be sent any other way other than them sending them to you.

Be sure to open a ticket, I imagine its going to be next week tho before you get resolution :( (the holiday weekend and all)

It took almost an hour for my wife to get the key when she purchased TimeTrax about a week ago (I purchased all the hardware for us for Christmas, told her she could contribute the cheap part. LOL)

Her mail program marked it as spam of course.

Once I'd activated TimeTrax with that key, TT display the permanent key in the dialog box and they automatically sent a copy of it via email which took less than than an hour but was also filtered as spam.

There is full documentation available on our website in the support section. That is also where you can open up a ticket to request that your keys be re-emailed to you.

There is a process that as a user, you can trigger the system to resend your tickets - I have to look for the instructions and I will post them.

As an FYI, we are working on a new support section for our website. It will be much more comprehensive, easier to use and should make users and support staff much happier! As soon as I have an ETA I'll let you know.

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

Thanks for the reply... I already opened a ticket and I haven't received a response yet (I didn't expect one immediately due to the holidays).

I'm trying to be patient on this, but neglecting to send an activation key is such a ridiculous error on TT part that I'm getting a little PO'ed. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly and all will be forgiven.

If your ticket is the one I processed, you got your key sent to you last night around 9pm

It was sent via e-mail and via the ticket system. I also checked the logs and the original key was sent to you when you ordered.

Please check any Spam or Junk mail folders on your system. Sometimes the e-mails get filtered.

Derek

dserianni said:
If your ticket is the one I processed, you got your key sent to you last night around 9pm
It was sent via e-mail and via the ticket system. I also checked the logs and the original key was sent to you when you ordered.
Please check any Spam or Junk mail folders on your system. Sometimes the e-mails get filtered.
Derek

I've received only two emails from you... 1 for the order confirmation, and 2 for the shipping confirmation. Neither of these two emails has the activation key included in it. I have no emails from TimeTrax in my spam folder.

My order # is 561289.

This is very strange.

I have confirmation that the e-mails were sent.

Weird.

Regardless.... shoot me an e-mail at: dserianni@timetraxtech.com and I will take care of it.

Sorry for the delay. I am not sure why this is happening.

Derek

Hi Will,

E-mail has been responded to and I have included your activation key.

Please let me know how you make out.

Derek

This seems to be an ongoing problem.

This problem with sending registration keys was happening over a month ago and it still not fixed.

How can you treat your paying customers like thiefs???

dserianni said:
Hi Will,

E-mail has been responded to and I have included your activation key.

Please let me know how you make out.

Derek

As mentioned on another forum...
WHY NOT JUST SEND THE DAMN FRIGGEN KEYS IN THE DAMN BOX!!!!!!

How hard could that be?

As I said in the other thread:

There is nothing wrong with the system.

Occasionally there is a hickup with the servers of the clearning house.

In my knowledge this has happened twice.

Keys are generated in a different location from where the products are shipped from. We need to use the automated system for those that don't need products getting shipped out.

That is why we don't send the damn friggen keys in the damn box.

Derek.

Actually there's even more to it than that- it is a credit card fraud deterrent and also protects against the theft of packages.

It is not uncommon and is not unreasonable to deliver keys via e-mail. Especially now that the software works with XM Online, the customer can start using the software right away while waiting for the hardware to be delivered.

Really, let's be reasonable here. It's fine and even appropriate to hold TimeTrax to task when we disappoint our customers or make a bad decision, but this is taking it a bit far. We can't control SPAM filters and all of the other quirks of todays e-mail systems. Almost on a daily basis we monitor and adjust the delivery methods and wording that we use so that the most customers possible do not have any trouble.

Alternatively, we've added phone lines and are responding to tickets very quickly, so if there happens to be an issue receiving activation keys, we're here to help.

Let's focus our efforts and your critical energy on something that we can actually do something about and will have a greater impact on better software and service for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts