18 month committment and loss of NFL

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
OK dont hold me to this but a very good source told me that NFL network (who just won the rights to next years Thurs and Sat. NFL package) might be selling their rights to OLN who was bidding feverishly for this NFL package last week before NFL
Network wound up buying their own product. I am told because OLN has the HD channel already setup and because the NFL Network could get a big buck (remembers its all about bucks...Look at what Charley is doing) they may be selling to OLN. If thats the case...you guys who committ for 18 mos with this new BS HD package will be screwed since E* dropped OLN and OLN would like nothing better than shoving this up E* A$$. Think twice before you leap.

robertjp said:
OK dont hold me to this but a very good source told me that NFL network (who just won the rights to next years Thurs and Sat. NFL package) might be selling their rights to OLN who was bidding feverishly for this NFL package last week before NFL
Network wound up buying their own product. I am told because OLN has the HD channel already setup and because the NFL Network could get a big buck (remembers its all about bucks...Look at what Charley is doing) they may be selling to OLN. If thats the case...you guys who committ for 18 mos with this new BS HD package will be screwed since E* dropped OLN and OLN would like nothing better than shoving this up E* A$$. Think twice before you leap.

I dont know if you know this... But... the nfl has an hd channel.. you can tune to dish channel 9464 every wed and thurs. at 9 pm est for the game of the week :) Also... I dont see how were screwed as OLN is uplinked at its old spot (but not avaible yet to subs) I look at that as a good sign as if we werent going to get it sometime in the near future it wouldnt be there :)

I don't care if dish gets it back or not, I get OLN in my $12 cable package.

But I would like to see more info on the OP rumor. Seems strange the NFL network would make a big announcement about having the games after OLN would not pay the price, then sell to OLN later, unless OLN agrees to the original asking price. I see NFL network carrying games at least 1 year to try to force carriage on cable systems

If OLN does get those NFL games, expect E* to pick OLN up. It becomes worth the money to the majority of subscribers at that point. The only reason they are not on E* now was the cost didn't match the product.

goaliebob99 said:
I dont know if you know this... But... the nfl has an hd channel.. you can tune to dish channel 9464 every wed and thurs. at 9 pm est for the game of the week :) Also... I dont see how were screwed as OLN is uplinked at its old spot (but not avaible yet to subs) I look at that as a good sign as if we werent going to get it sometime in the near future it wouldnt be there :)
Don't get too excited!! Yes was uplinked 3 or 4 times

And since they just announced that those games will be carried next year during the Super Bowl, I think it is a done deal.......

And a good way to get those stragglers who don't have a carriage agreement to get one.....

It was my understanding that the NFL channel got the rights over OLN. That was why the NFL is on Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts