mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Tony Hawk's Project 8

Highlights:

Those frame-rate problems hit the PlayStation 3 version of the game significantly harder than the Xbox 360.

Other than the choppy frame rate and slightly sharper graphics on the PlayStation 3, some of which is only noticeable when using an HDMI cable on a high-end HDTV, the games look roughly the same.

The Xbox 360 version has online support for up to eight players, including a new game mode called walls,

The Tony Hawk series was a pioneer when it came to being online on the PlayStation 2, and its omission on the PS3 is completely crazy and thoroughly disappointing.

The PlayStation 3 version also installs a 264MB cache file onto the system's hard drive when you first put the game in your system. Presumably, this is done to help speed up loading, but the load times don't seem much better than the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Full review: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/tonyhawksproject8/review.html?

I'm open minded with both systems, so I'm not taking sides (yet). The 360 has had a year for software designers to learn how to tweak the 360. The PS3 is just starting, so I would bet the software designers have not learned how to get the best output from the PS3.

The PlayStation 3 version also installs a 264MB cache file onto the system's hard drive when you first put the game in your system. Presumably, this is done to help speed up loading, but the load times don't seem much better than the Xbox 360 version of the game.

ROFLAMAO, so then WTF is that almighty several hundred dollars-worth Blu-Ray drive for? :D

the load times will definitely be slower..... The transfer rate is much slower than a standard def DVD drive which are up to 40x and above nowadays. I don't know the BluRay equivalent, but I remember an interview with an EA programmer who said that the Burnout Revenge long load times would be even longer on the PS3 if it had been out earlier due to the BluRay drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)