Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
A couple of questions:

Is there any eSata drives people would recommend? I'm looking for minimal hastle. Just something I can plug in and get working. Dont want to mess with enclosures and all that junk.

Also, a basic question, how much HD programming would a 1TB expand to?

I'm looking for practical numbers. IE. currently my HR21 holds x hrs, with a 1TB Esata drive I would hold Y amount.

Thanks

I've got an Accomdata 1tb hard drive works great so far.

I don't have any real world numbers for you... but...

I've got about 12 movies 5 or 6 hogans heroes 4 baseball games and about a10 or so assorted episodes of HD series have I haven't dropped below 76% available on the drive space. Real world hard numbers are obviously tough... different data rates mpeg2 vs mpeg4.

Lots are happy with WD Green drive, Antec MX-1 case (includes cable), and SIIG cable anyway. Fry's had WD 1tbs for $170. The case has been $30.

I've been very happy with my Seagate Free Agent Pro 750gb. Had two for over a year with no problems.

They make a 1TB now, model number is ST310005FPA1E3-RK

They just started selling them, so the price hasn't come down yet. A quick search showed prices start arond $250. I'm sure this will come down as they get some time out there.

Compusa.com has it for $199, not sure how reliable they are since being bought up.

Thanks folks. I really wish I had numbers that mean something to me in terms of space. Say I got a 1gb. Would a have roughly double the space I have now? Triple? I'd just like to get a rough idea so I can consider cost/benefit.

The internal drive is 300 or 320, and has about 50gb reserved. So think of it as a 250.

750gb is triple, 1TB is quad.

Thanks folks. I really wish I had numbers that mean something to me in terms of space. Say I got a 1gb. Would a have roughly double the space I have now? Triple? I'd just like to get a rough idea so I can consider cost/benefit.

I think you mean 1 Tb. :):)

I've been very happy with my Seagate Free Agent Pro 750gb. Had two for over a year with no problems.

They make a 1TB now, model number is ST310005FPA1E3-RK

They just started selling them, so the price hasn't come down yet. A quick search showed prices start arond $250. I'm sure this will come down as they get some time out there.

Compusa.com has it for $199, not sure how reliable they are since being bought up.

Seaagte drives only work with HR20 receivers. They do not work with HR21.

Seaagte drives only work with HR20 receivers. They do not work with HR21.
I have a Seagate in an Antec MX-1 enclosure connected to a HR21-100 and it works perfectly.

There are issues with the Seagate FreeAgent Pro enclosure and the HR21 but that is with the enclosure not the drive.

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)