2 10 ft dishes in VA for auction

Status
Please reply by conversation.
good deal for someone:

Well, the second dish with the bent LNB arms is the Channel Master.
So, what's this other one?
They call it an ACS?
The mount looks like what DH used, but I don't know about the LNB support arms.

Personally, I'd like both of 'em if I didn't already have two nice dishes!
They're not so high off the ground as to be a problem, either.

They are too far away for me as I live in IL. It would be nice if someone could use them.

What model is that?

Look at the second of the two dishes, the one with the arms for the feed further from the center:
govdeals.com/photos/226/226_5920_3.JPG

What model is this? I can't see to find any data anywhere.

I want to re-use this as a parabolic antenna in the 5-6 GHz range for non-satellite communications. Somebody has an old one around here I could probably get for a few bucks.

The problem is that I can't tell what the wire spacing inside the fiberglass looks like. If it's not dense enough, the dish would not be suitable for the 5-6 GHz band.

Ideas anybody?

Did you read the posts above...?

The first dish is spun aluminum, by all accounts, so it'll work fine on 6ghz....
The seller calls it an "ASC".
It bears a strong resemblance to the dishes made by DH Satellite, though that's no guarantee.

The second dish is a Channel Master molded dish. See the logo in the last picture?
Here is member McGuyver's photo gallery.
He refurbished and repainted a damaged CM dish he found in the desert, and it's working on Ku just fine.
Search on posts by him for more info.

Ku-band is around 12ghz, so I don't think either dish would disappoint you on 6ghz. :cool:

Did you read the posts above...?

The first dish is spun aluminum, by all accounts, so it'll work fine on 6ghz....
The seller calls it an "ASC".
It bears a strong resemblance to the dishes made by DH Satellite, though that's no guarantee.

Actually, they called it an ACS. ACS is a local company here in Roanoke that used to sell c-band satellite dishes in SW VA. They got out of the business a few years ago and only do Dish network now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts