2/11/2009 5:22pm - Uplink Activity Report - 109 changes

I can also add that SB42 and SB50 a now lit up in this area. New Orleans and Lafayette locals looked locked and loaded. They are encrypted but there are video streams there.

Digi, have you heard if the New Orleans Fox Channel (ch 8) will be HD or SD, because last week when they were uplinked, NBC, CBS, and ABC channels said MPEG4 HD, but the Fox channel said MPEG4 SD. We were hoping that was a typo, but have you been able to find out if we will get Fox in HD, or SD from 129 starting Febuary 17th.?

Sioux City IA

Sioux City, IA is listed at 5250 thru 5253. Earlier I looked and it showed it SD and now it's says it's a special event not for purchase. Just wondering. Thanks

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/11/2009 6:44pm - 109 changes

Channel Additions:
5250(45) - WKDH [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 13 Spotbeam 38 (NA)(Houston, MS-ABC)
5251(4) - WCBI [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 13 Spotbeam 38 (NA)(Columbus, MS-CBS)
5252(9) - WTVA [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 13 Spotbeam 38 (NA)(Tupelo, MS-NBC)
5253(27) - WLOV [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 13 Spotbeam 38 (NA)(West Point, MS-FOX)
5260(11) - WTOK [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 06 Spotbeam 43 (NA)(Meridian, MS-ABC)
5261(24) - WMDN [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 06 Spotbeam 43 (NA)(Meridian, MS-CBS)
5262(30) - WGBC [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 06 Spotbeam 43 (NA)(Meridian, MS-NBC)
5263(49) - WTOKD [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 06 Spotbeam 43 (NA)(Meridian, MS-ABC)
I wonder why the Tupelo and Meridian, MS markets are not being placed on the EA? Will they be moved again later on, once they are made available?

I wonder why the Tupelo and Meridian, MS markets are not being placed on the EA? Will they be moved again later on, once they are made available?

61.5 spotbeams are full. They were cut short a couple of transponders on R12 since AMC14 never made it to 61.5 to replace E3.

When you have a ton of beams on 129 waiting to be used why not put some other markets up there?

61.5 spotbeams are full. They were cut short a couple of transponders on R12 since AMC14 never made it to 61.5 to replace E3.

When you have a ton of beams on 129 waiting to be used why not put some other markets up there?

yeah like Tucson? o wait we are out west so lets put EASTERN cities on the WESTERN arc.. o yeah me trying to think logically again..

dish has its head up its ... again.. pure crap.

Thanks Digi. I guess I'll still have to wait for EA for existing customers. Not a fan of having a separate dish installed just for those locals.

yeah like Tucson? o wait we are out west so lets put EASTERN cities on the WESTERN arc.. o yeah me trying to think logically again..

dish has its head up its ... again.. pure crap.

Huh? Dish has its head up.... because they helped design a satellite at 129 to have spotbeams cover the entire US? It would have been a very idiotic move to only design with spotbeams in the western part of the US.

It's very logical to use this satellite with beams and cover the entire US with spotbeams, then load the beams up with locals across the US.

And before you flip a lid... there's a spotbeam designed just for Tucson, AZ in mind on TP 3. You are probably also in the coverage of the other AZ beam that contains TP 5 and TP 7. And quite possibly the NM beam.

Huh? Dish has its head up.... because they helped design a satellite at 129 to have spotbeams cover the entire US? It would have been a very idiotic move to only design with spotbeams in the western part of the US.

It's very logical to use this satellite with beams and cover the entire US with spotbeams, then load the beams up with locals across the US.

And before you flip a lid... there's a spotbeam designed just for Tucson, AZ in mind on TP 3. You are probably also in the coverage of the other AZ beam that contains TP 5 and TP 7. And quite possibly the NM beam.

I am well aware of the Tucson Beam.

I still stand that Dish has its head somewhere else.

And flipping a lid? meh not even close.

I think there may be space on R1/E12. TPs 17, 19, 21, and 23 are capable of being used for spots, but they are not used as such. However, there may be power issues preventing their use. Maybe that is the larger reason for moving internationals.

Are you talking about WPMI? They removed that one since it was just the SD feed since the HD feed is now available. Since there are no SD receivers on EA, they remove the SD feed when the HD feed is available.

But, I still have a ch 7352 WPMI. Is this a remap of HD feed in SD.

I think there may be space on R1/E12. TPs 17, 19, 21, and 23 are capable of being used for spots, but they are not used as such. However, there may be power issues preventing their use. Maybe that is the larger reason for moving internationals.

Yep, exactly what I was getting at with the AMC 14 failure.

But, I still have a ch 7352 WPMI. Is this a remap of HD feed in SD.

I would assume you have a 110/119 dish in your setup right?