2 4k joeys, both die at same time...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Both my 4k joeys stopped putting out any video this morning. The hopper works fine, but when I hard reboot the joeys, they come up with a "bootstrap recovery error" and after a minute lose all video out...

I unplugged the coax in to isolate them from my hopper, and they do the same thing. A joey, when not connected to a hopper, should at least boot up to a screen and say " searching for hopper".

I tried installing a new 4k joey, and it wouldn't download SW, kept rebooting after a few minutes of trying.

It has to be 1 of 2 things. Either a software update killed my 4k joeys, or the Hopper somehow did, even though it is working fine.

Anyone else having this problem?

Make sure your H3 has version 336 software. I experience a broken 4k joey after the December H3 software update. Go to menu, settings, diagnostics, then tools. You may se an option for software update. This will get you 336 with I believe is a beta version. It also fixes the external hard drive issue I was experiencing.

Make sure your H3 has version 336 software. I experience a broken 4k joey after the December H3 software update. Go to menu, settings, diagnostics, then tools. You may se an option for software update. This will get you 336 with I believe is a beta version. It also fixes the external hard drive issue I was experiencing.
U336 is not a beta version it is just an update that gives you the Accessibility option and can fix EHD problems and might fix a joey problem.....

Interesting. I see the option for software upgrade but when I choose it, it goes through the motions and reboots but at the end I end up with version 334 as before.

Interesting. I see the option for software upgrade but when I choose it, it goes through the motions and reboots but at the end I end up with version 334 as before.
When it reboots do not turn your receiver on leave it off and leave your tv on and wait, it should start downloading shortly.....

i had to remove remotes, think the 40, but did the 50 also. (had 40,50,52 paired) then the download worked great. would reboot before during the download. got about 1/5th downloaded then rebooted.

just keep the tv on to watch the progress, but let it do its thing.
went quite quickly after removing all but the 52 remote. rebooted for 30 minutes before removing the remote.

this worked for me to get my ehd and 336, hope this helps.

Worst case, now that you've initiated the update, it will likely complete the update on its own during its next nightly reboot cycle.

Reactions: TheLip
I replaced the Hopper, initial software DL was 334 FWTW. Afterwards the 4k joeys progressed through "boot recovery" as they should and everything is working fine.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts