2. DirecTV 10 brands that will disappear in 2015

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would ignore it. Just pure speculation. They stated that Best Buy would be gone by 2014, same with Sears & Kmart. They are still all around.

AT&T assured the courts that DIRECTV would be around for at least three years after their proposed merger. Since it seems rather likely that the deal won't get done until 2015 or later, I'd guess there's not much anyone can do outside of DIRECTV changing their name (something that could be disastrous should the merger fall through).

If the merger with AT&T is completed, I'd wager that the DIRECTV name (and the company with which it is associated) will indeed morph into something not entirely recognizable more or less on the 36 month schedule. After all, who remembers what companies went into the old or the new AT&T (or even that there was an old and new AT&T)?

I'm pretty sure most people remember that there was a previous version of AT&T.

Reactions: Broe67
AT&T assured the courts that DIRECTV would be around for at least three years after their proposed merger. Since it seems rather likely that the deal won't get done until 2015 or later, I'd guess there's not much anyone can do outside of DIRECTV changing their name (something that could be disastrous should the merger fall through).

If the merger with AT&T is completed, I'd wager that the DIRECTV name (and the company with which it is associated) will indeed morph into something not entirely recognizable more or less on the 36 month schedule. After all, who remembers what companies went into the old or the new AT&T (or even that there was an old and new AT&T)?
I remember all of them ;).

I believe you'll just see the ATT ahead of the Directv , not really a name change, it will be ATT Directv is all.

Then again, Direct Verse could be an option !

Directv has too much brand recognition to simply disappear.

Besides there is too many people hate AT&T, it's better they leave the names separate.

It's kind of like Comcast calling themselves Xfinity. You know how many people hate comcast but think xfinity is a new cable company?
Is that why most people call ATT's TV U Verse or Universe (not sure why they call it Universe, but they do.)
This way if they dislike ATT they can think of U Verse and not thing of ATT ?

Yahoo should be #1 on that list for disappearing, or at least needing to disappear.

Reactions: Broe67
Is that why most people call ATT's TV U Verse or Universe (not sure why they call it Universe, but they do.)
This way if they dislike ATT they can think of U Verse and not thing of ATT ?

Most people call ATT's TV U-verse because that's it's name. I used to have it when we lived in ATT territory. If you go to ATT's web site it's right there in the Digital TV section - "U-verse TV"

There's also "U-verse High Speed Internet" and "U-verse Voice" phone service.

Most people call ATT's TV U-verse because that's it's name. I used to have it when we lived in ATT territory. If you go to ATT's web site it's right there in the Digital TV section - "U-verse TV"

There's also "U-verse High Speed Internet" and "U-verse Voice" phone service.
Sorta correct ... "U-Verse " is the Brand name for ATT's TV, Internet and Voip phone service.
Many people call it Universe as well.

I really hope the AT&T/DTV merger doesn't happen. Also, I hope the Comcast and TWC deal doesn't happen either. we need more competition not less.
The ATT / D* merger won't be hurting anyone as far as that goes, they are not the SAME, D* is Sat while ATT TV is Cable based.
Now if ATT was buying another Cable based company, then you could say that, but only if they were in the same areas.

I really hope the AT&T/DTV merger doesn't happen. Also, I hope the Comcast and TWC deal doesn't happen either. we need more competition not less.
U-Verse is not an option where I live,so an ATT/DTV merger has no negative impact on me. Actually,I can say the same thing about Comcast/TWC,since neither are offered in my city limits.

Directv is a big name among the sports broadcasters and networks, even ESPN believe it or not. So the name is staying put I would presume.

U-Verse is not an option where I live,so an ATT/DTV merger has no negative impact on me. Actually,I can say the same thing about Comcast/TWC,since neither are offered in my city limits.
Exactly .... this is why I can't see the big uproar about these moves ... most people don't have the options to use them anyways.
It only effects the people in the areas they serve.

Directv has too much brand recognition to simply disappear.

Besides there is too many people hate AT&T, it's better they leave the names separate.

It's kind of like Comcast calling themselves Xfinity. You know how many people hate comcast but think xfinity is a new cable company?

Yep the Directv brand is not going away and will be here long after the merger. ATT has plans on using the Directv brand for a long time, and all of their video products will have the DirecTV brand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)