2 Dishes Required for Filipino Channels & HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drdcpa

Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hi Guys,

I'm a new convert from Dish network, switching to Directv because of the Filipino Channel being added to directv service (currently I have a separate satellite dish solely for the Filipino Channel from a separate company -- but this is being phased out). I've had HD with Dish Network, so I purchased the HD Tivo from Directv. I understand that I need the 36" World direct dish for the filipino channels, but D* told me that I will also need the 18x20 dish because of the HD Content. Anyone know if this is indeed the case?

They are coming on Monday for the install. I was kind of hoping to be able to "consolidate" to one 36" dish instead of a 36" dish and a superdish like I have now.

Also, on a side note.....my house is already pre-wired, we are getting HD-PVR, are they going to have to run another wire into the house for the second receiver on that? Or can that be split in the same way the dish network does theirs?

Thanks.

The only dish for sat 95, where some of the int. channels are, is a 95 and 101 combination. You will need to get sats 110 and 119 also, so they will have to do a 2 dish deal.

Pretty sure you're going to have 2 wires for the dual tuner. No such thing as Dish Pro Plus for D*.

Well shoot. I just checked the lyngsat charts and they also got GMA. I'll be joining you.
As for your inquiry, unfortunately all true. You will need a larger collector to obtain the signal out of 95W for the filipino channels. In addition the 18*20 tri-headed dish for the SD/HD direct tv lineup. The only way I see one having a SINGLE dish selection is to invest into the Toroidal or something similar. Those types of satellite dishes have a look range of 40 deg. Which would cover the extremes for direct tv fleet we need to see. (95W-119W) I currently have this dish and I've now found a reason to use it again. THANK YOU for the heads up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)