2 dishes with motors on a single receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
Guys, i searched the forums but couldn't find any solution to this. Now this is the issue. I have a motorized 6ft dedicated for C-band with an actuator. I also have a motorized 4ft dedicated to Ku.

I want to connect all 2 to a single receiver. The C-band is moved using a gbox and an actuator, the Ku is moved by an HH motor.

How can i connect these to a single receiver?

Thanks

Guys, i searched the forums but couldn't find any solution to this. Now this is the issue. I have a motorized 6ft dedicated for C-band with an actuator. I also have a motorized 4ft dedicated to Ku.

I want to connect all 2 to a single receiver. The C-band is moved using a gbox and an actuator, the Ku is moved by an HH motor.

How can i connect these to a single receiver?

Thanks

I haven't tried this using a Gbox positioner but don't see why this wouldn't work.

This is what I am running for a setup on one of my Coolsat 5K and Pansat receivers:
From the Coolsat to a Phillips diplexer, from the second diplexer it splits to the OTA anttena and the satellite signal goes to a Cheita 4x1. From port 1 of the diseqc 4x1 the coax runs to a 1.2 meter dish motorized with a DG380 then to a DMX241 LNBF for Cband. Port 2 of the 4x1 is connected to a 76cm dish motorized with a DG280 and then passing on to an SW21 switch, port 1 of the SW21 to the linear port of a QPH-031 LNBF and port 2 of the SW21 to the circular port of the LNBF.

The only problem I encountered was when using SG2100 motors. No matter what switch type I used prior to the motors, both SG2100 motors would drive at the same time when a satellite was selected by the stb. I never was able to figure out why the SG2100's motors did this, but the problem was solved by upgrading to the DG brand motors.

So if you have a spare 4x1 switch or even an SW21 lying around give it a try. I would stay away from using the 22KHz switch type in this type setup, never had luck with the 22KHz switches for some reason.

So is it possible to put a DiSeqC switch after the gbox positioner but before the HH120 motor or before the gbox positioner?

i.e pansat > gbox positioner > DiseqC switch > HH120 motor > Universal LnBf on 1.2m dish

Note: gbox positioner goes to actuator for 6ft dish

i.e pansat > gbox positioner > DiseqC switch > HH120 motor > Universal LnBf on 1.2m dish
Keep in mind that the GBox will react if you "bump" the HH120 to peak signal.
You could try:
Receiver - Diseqc - LNBs / Motors

You may burn up Diseqc switches kinda quick.

Lak, you did not mention where you recommend putting the gbox positioner. Before or after the DiSeqC switch?

Lak, you did not mention where you recommend putting the gbox positioner. Before or after the DiSeqC switch?

Sanjap-

Try before and after the diseqc and report your test results for each configuration. I am planning on getting a bud with a Gbox positioner in the near future and would like to know how this setup works in advance. My guess would be you have to place the Gbox after the diseqc.

I use a A and B switch from radio shack, I hook it up beside my recevier, I just push a switch for ku band, and b switch for c band, works great,

keep in mind dieseqc switches arent meant to pass large amounts of current. id make sure i was using a good switch if placing an hh motor behind it. i consider emp switches to be pretty good. i just checkt and they have a max current rating of 400ma which is close to what i had my sg2100 pulling when it was moving a 39" dish and tight backlash.

the best solution i found requires using diseqc 1.2 to store positions on the hh first to overwrite the lower prestored positions and then higher positions on the gbox. then wiring up as follows...

reciever -> gbox -> hh -> switch -> lnbs.

even then both dishes move when bumping one or the other from the reciever but not when a specific position is requested like when using usals. i think i might just have to test putting the gbox and my dg380 behind a diseqc and see what happens.

crackt out,.

i just finished cabling up and testing out another option.

reciever -> emp 4x1 ->
port 1 -> dg380 -> emp 4x1 -> lnbs
port 4 -> vbox2 -> emp 4x1 -> lnbs

so it appears you can operate both the dg380 and positioners behind a diseqc switch and in 1.1 (cascaded swtiches).

the only odd thing is i had to delete the limits on the dg380 after cabling but i was hot plugging. the cool outcome of this approach is power is only passed to the selected disecq port.

crackt out,.

Today, i've blown 8 DiSeqC switches trying to put them before the gbox. I guess the safest way is to get another receiver. Dedicate one receiver to Ku and the other to C.
I am not even getting much on C-band. I might just bring the dish down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts