2 HD receivers

Shiftmx

Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Midwest IL
Hello everyone, i am a new member here(very informative forum by the way). Been with Dish for about a year. First, i did do a search and read through countless threads and didnt come up with much that had to do with my question. So here goes.

I have the vip722 receiver, i am not positive which dish i have is it the 1000 or the 1000.2 how do i tell the difference?. when i signed up i only had the one HD tv and sd tv (tv2) in my bedroom. i have since upgraded to an HD tv in the bedroom also. i had called dish and inquired about running a seperate receiver in the bedroom to watch my hd programming in the bedroom also. im am not positive but i think they told me it would be another 12 dollars a month, 7 for the equipment lease and whatever else charges there are(is it 5 dollars a month for the extra receiver?).

1. can i buy a receiver off of ebay(new) or some other source to not have the equipment lease fee per month? and if so can i get the reciver number and call dish to see if that recever is clear? (no racked up bill)

2. will dish still come and do the install if i buy my equipment elsewhere?
if so does anyone have an idea what they charge for that?

3. i am not a total idiot so could i do the installation myself? if so what else would i need? or i guess how and what would be the instructions to do so? like i stated above i do not know for sure if i have the 1000 or the 1000.2 or how much differences there are or how to tell the difference between the two.

4. which dish would be the best for what i want? if im thinking correctly are the 622 and the 722 the only receivers that have the dvr function? i know i want a dvr hd receiver in the bedroom also. are the differences between the 622 and the 722 just the amount of recording hours?

im sure i have more questions but that is all i can think of for now.
i appreciate your guys/gals time and replies.
Thanks, Tim. :)

edit: after re-reading my post after i was done i realize i accidentally posted this in the technical part of the forum instead of the general. i apologize (my first screw up). haha. i still appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Sorry...Dish still charges you a monthly "rental fee" if you own or lease the reciver. A better name for the fee should be a "Monthly Programming Mirroring Fee"

I doubt Dish would come out and do the Install, but i would reccomend finding a good local dealer. You can either look in the yellow pages or go to Dish's Website and "locate a dealer".

As far as doing it yourself...it's pretty straight forward...Run a Single RG-6 Coaxial Wire from the Receiver to the Dish (of course route the wire through your already installed ground block) and Hook it up. It should be that easy!

You WILL want the Dish 1000 (either .2 for a western Arc or a .4 for Eastern arc).

Do a search on the forum to determine the differences between the 622 and 722. I thnk i have read that the 722 is supposed to have a different chip set that some people claim to get a better picture. My thought is to go with the newest technology, the 722.

thanks for the quick reply. i knew i would still get the 5 dollar monthly fee for the "mirroring fee" but i would still get out of the other 7 dollars a month for the equipment leasing fee.

i think i will try and find my nearest local dealer and maybe see what they have to say.

DISH HD absolute programming lacks RSN

VOD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts