2 hopper 1 joey order

Rinker97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Hey all,

I'll be moving to my new house this Friday. I'm currently a cable TV customer but want to go back to Dish. I'll have 3 TV's and would like 2 hoppers and 1 joey. What's the best way and place to order? I started doing it online tonight and when I put in 3 TV's the online system wanted me to have 1 hopper and 2 joeys. I'd rather pay a little extra and do it the other way. House is all wired other than pulling the wires from the basement. I did put a couple of pull lines from the attic thru the wall to the basement so it should be pretty easy. I'll be glad to help the tech do it.

Thanks

Greg

Judging from posts here and the other site, even though the policy is reported to be at least one joey per Hopper, two Hoppers and one Joey seem to be allowed. I would contact a DIRT team member here if you want the most reliable information. I caution a phone CSR may tell you yes, but the order may not reflect that. So use a DIRT team member!!

Hey all,

I'll be moving to my new house this Friday. I'm currently a cable TV customer but want to go back to Dish. I'll have 3 TV's and would like 2 hoppers and 1 joey. What's the best way and place to order? I started doing it online tonight and when I put in 3 TV's the online system wanted me to have 1 hopper and 2 joeys. I'd rather pay a little extra and do it the other way. House is all wired other than pulling the wires from the basement. I did put a couple of pull lines from the attic thru the wall to the basement so it should be pretty easy. I'll be glad to help the tech do it.

Thanks

Greg

What is the upgrade cost with the extra Hopper?

Varies by customer because of credit and payment promptness, as well as if you have been getting discounts, but $100 seems to be the lowest you can expect. But somewhat overlooked is the monthly charge for a second Hopper is no more than a Joey would be, $7.

I might do the two Hopper set up in case one dies I'll still have a tuner. Don't really need a Joey for a third room though.

Hey all,

Thanks

Greg

That is a great decision. No way is one Hopper going to meet the needs of many homes.

If you are able to arrange it, please report back here and tell everyone how you did it. Good luck.

I just got done chatting with Dish. I changed my 1H/1J to 2H/2J. They would not let me do 2H/1J, but they did say I could cancel the 2nd Joey and have the tech take the 2nd Joey with him/her during the install.

Hey all,

Thanks

Greg

Greg, I can help you with your setup, would you send me a private message with the phone number you want on the account and I can assist you further?

Yes he did. I did 2H/1J and America's 250 package with HD. Install is this Saturday afternoon.