2 Hopper 1 Joey problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

radiator65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Mississippi
My install was last Tuesday. All was great and I could use my Joey to see either Hopper. Thursday we tried to use the Joey and it would only see the Hopper in the living room. If I link the Joey to the Hopper in the bedroom, I can see the DVR programs and the guide to the bedroom but if I try to select a DVRed program I get error 00 and if I go to live tv the Joey resets. If I link to the Hopper in the living room the Joey resets but then it works fine. I talked with my installer and he said it is due to a software update. Do I need a new Joey, a rewiring, or is in indeed due to a software update?

Thanks

Something is wrong. You should be able to switch which hopper you joey is linked to very easily in the menu. We have been switching ours as needed ever since we got it installed on Sunday.

Menu
Settings
Network setup
Wholehome
Then just select the hopper you want
Save

I like the custom naming I don't really have a living or family room. It more hers and his hopper:)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Menu
Settings
Network setup
Wholehome
Then just select the hopper you want
Save

I like the custom naming I don't really have a living or family room. It more hers and his hopper:)

Thanks! Except I am only seeing one of my two hoppers :(

Not good. With the duo node you should be able to see both hoppers. This might become more of an issue for you when the hoppers are integrated. I don't know all the technical details here but if the joeys can't see both hoppers that makes me think the hoppers might not be able to see each other either.

:mad: Great I think I have a big problem I was having issues with my two hopper set up where I was not able to pick up a sat signal. He tried to replace the duo node and was not working and put up two single nodes with two dishes, ugh!!

:mad: Great I think I have a big problem I was having issues with my two hopper set up where I was not able to pick up a sat signal. He tried to replace the duo node and was not working and put up two single nodes with two dishes, ugh!!

two solo nodes would place your hoppers on separate moca networks. As far as i can tell, it's not a dish approved method of install to use two solo nodes for a two hopper system..

Wow that does seam a little backwoods using two single nodes and two dishes. Were they planning to come back? You need the duo node for hopper integration when it is turned on.

Yeah, I think you need somebody other than the original tech.

The learning curve seems to be a little steeper for some.

Yeah, I think you need somebody other than the original tech.

The learning curve seems to be a little steeper for some.

Field service manager is coming, I was totally surprised when the tech said he put up two dishes, I originally had signal problems/loseing picture and sat signals. his reasoning was that one hopper was sucking out the signal from the other hopper thus that's why I had lost my satellite signal according to him..am I the only one that had loseing sat signals with a two hopper/one Joey set up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)