2 Hopper 1 Joey problem

Well today's the day field service manager is to come to hopefully get my two hopper one joey system on track I will let you guys know how it goes

Field service manger is here and so is a tech. They also know about the DIRT team as I was re-explaining my issues :)

Right now news is not that great, for some reason the second hopper does not want to seem to pick up satelite signal with the dual node :confused: manger and tech are still workin to figure things out

To me it sounds like that hopper may need to be replaced. If they have tried several duo nodes and checked the cabling I think that only leaves the hopper. Hopefully they have a spare on the truck.

They tried that too (different hoppers) they went to go grab other duo nodes? Hope they can get this to work

Well something has to be setup wrong. If multiple hoppers and duo nodes aren't fixing the problem it could be the built in switch in the LNB or something could be wired incorrectly. Maybe you should print out scherman's or another wiring diagram from this site and ask them to make sure everything from the dish to the duo node and finally the receivers is wired correctly.

You could also try to PM Zach. He is the only Dirt member online right now but maybe he could get someone to walk the tech's through some possible things to try over the phone.

While the manager was going to grab a mother duo node, the tech thought switching the LNB and adjusting the dish to face straight south he called it "arking" we're thinking this may be it.....we're hoping :)

While the manager was going to grab a mother duo node, the tech thought switching the LNB and adjusting the dish to face straight south he called it "arking" it we're thinking this may be it.....we're hoping :)

While the manager was going to grab a mother duo node, the tech thought switching the LNB and adjusting the dish to face straight south he called it "arking" it we're thinking this may be it.....we're hoping :)

Good luck. I've never heard of arking but the new LNB might fix it. It's too bad you had to go through all these problems as a new customer. Hopefully they can have it working before they leave this time so you don't have to go through another day of this.

Yeah it worked, LNB and arking the dish a bit!! Yeah!!!

Thanks to the DIRT team, fellow satguys members and the tech (Dave), my original one who came back out today (not the one who put up the second dish) for hanging in there and workin on it!!!

In regard to the arc sounds like moved the dish more south, talked about eastern and western arc

So you were apparently moved from the western arc (110, 119, 129) to the eastern arc (61.5, 72.7, 77)

Make sure you still have your HD locals. If they switched arcs they might not be on both. I know Detroit is on both but mine (Flint) are only on EA (61.5, 72.7, 77).

Make sure you still have your HD locals. If they switched arcs they might not be on both. I know Detroit is on both but mine (Flint) are only on EA (61.5, 72.7, 77).

Yep, when he was checking things out we checked that

Whew..now get back to playing aroud with the hopper, the quick load time of the on demand-including HD was a great upgrade itself!

so basically a bad lnb from the beginning that was causing problems with the duo node?

i vaguely remember another thread like that

so basically a bad lnb from the beginning that was causing problems with the duo node?

i vaguely remember another thread like that

Yeah...and some dish tweaking as well, happy it's back and I can enjoy all the features of my dual hopper system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)