2 Hopper 3's and 3 Joey 3.0 Moca questions.

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
A setup using a DP42 Hybrid switch will you be able to or how would you be able to connect the network to be able to see each hopper and joeys over the coax network?

A setup using a DP42 Hybrid switch will you be able to or how would you be able to connect the network to be able to see each hopper and joeys over the coax network?
Big switch feed the 2 little switches, Host=Hopper Client = Joey Each small switch get LNB line from the bigger switch.

Make sure Hopper that is feeding the Joey is connected to the same switch. If you have Hopper A feed Joey B and Hopper B feeding Joey A there will be issue ranging from video drops and and dvr issue

there was post of picture in this thread I have picture of my setup ( which dont show the big switch just the 2 small one and later on in the post there are more pictures

When the ability to install 2 Hopper 3's came about, Dish instructed each Hopper must be connected to a separate router or network

Thanks guys! I have 3 Joeys connected to 1 Hopper 3 and the other hopper 3 is on a network by itself. One of the hopper 3's is hard wired to the internet. Wireless is weak where the other Hopper 3 is. Can I share the network from the stand alone hopper 3 to feed internet to the Hopper 3 and the other joeys? Thanks

Food for thought

I have 2 hopper 3 and 2 4k joeys all connect to same network/Router both hopper 3 A and hopper 3 B are all getting wifi from the same router.

Original Hopper A got internet (wireless) and that was bridged to feed internet to the it joey and the other hopper and it joey connect to that, but after last tech that came out that stoped working so i had to use wireless connection to both hoppers.

You can try bridgeing one of the hopper 3 and see what happen, but I would disable internet from other hopper first, I dont remeber button command to bring up bridging though

Reactions: Conway
Thank You that is what I want to do.. I can't remember the sequence either.. Hopefully someone here will chime in on this.. One other thing I do have a Hybrid Eastern Arc LNB on my dish working just fine with DPH42. I see where is says no to that. I have 2 cables coming from my dish going into my switch, I did figure out to how to put both Hopper's in bridge mode. Still no internet on other hopper. Doing more research

you can't have hybrid lnb in conjuction with some type switch? or so I been told, which probably the setup 3 tech tried to use on my 2 hopper 3 2 joey setup. and each time it failed they could never get the 2nd hopper to see the sat, this was also a setup that "did not" need power inserter...

They windup putting back my orginal setup each time and each time wired the wrong joey to wrong hopper causing me issue. Once you get everything setup and it all working, Label everything possible

Thats the strange part.. I do have the hybrid LNB set up on EA that has 2 lines ran from it to the DPH42 and all channels and things work fine.. I just want to be able to share the internet on all receivers using the main hopper 3 hard wired internet connection if possible.

I have both hopper 3's in bridge mode and they can't see each other.. I can see each other when I have the second hopper 3 connect to the internet wirelessly. Anyone know of a work around that allows the whole hopper network to share the same hard wired internet connection from the hopper 3 that is hardwired to the internet?

Conway here is my setup for two Hopper 3s, two 4KJs, and two WJs. Both Hoppers can see each other. As you can see I am using a Duo Hub. One H3 is connected to my router by Ethernet Cat cable. The other H3 is in Bridge mode. You probably have two Solo Hubs. I am pretty sure for your Hoppers to see each other you need a coax jumper cable connecting both your Solo Hubs, client to client ports. Maybe HipKat can jump in to help on why your two Hopper 3s can't see each other.

Attachments

291.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Hopper 3 Diagram MoCA New.jpg
    Hopper 3 Diagram MoCA New.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: MSEman and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)