2-in-1 LNB Feed Mount for C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
I see a 2-in-1 C-Band Feed Mount in the magazine article at 'www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0903/eng/venus.pdf' This is manufactured in Indonesia. It is used to receive 2 satellites, 5 degrees apart, perhaps it would work for 4 degree separation... I would like to know if anyone distributes this hardware in the US. I would be interested in purchasing it to try on my 2.4 meter dish for receiving satellites at 95° and 99°. Of course, then I would need another LNBF, another receiver, ....

Interesting lnb configuration, I would be more interested if it had twin outputs on each lnb. Here is a paragraph from the article:

We used a 2-in-1 LNB
mount for our reception test.
This mount, or even a 4-in-1
mount for four C band LNBs
is also available from PT
Subur Semesta. These LNB
mounts are ideal for Indonesian
conditions since they
allow receiving signals from
several positions with a single
antenna. The available options
are: PALAPA C2 (113.0E) and
TELKOM 1 (108.0E), or ASIASAT
3S (105.5E) and ASIASAT
2 (100.5E), or all four of them
at the same time.

Maybe someone will pick one up from "PT Subur Semesta", since I doubt any vender on this side of the pond has any? I wouldn't mind having one to play with either.

two on C-band:

If you cannot find the hardware, maybe you could build something.
Here's a recent thread by Iceberg where he mounted two LNBFs on his BUD.
In the first post, he's got a link to an earlier article about moving the LNBFs close together, more like what you wanted.
So, between those two threads, you should get some good ideas.

As for LNBFs, if you want to feed multiple receivers, then the bandstacked or dual output models would be attractive.
Sadoun sells the bandstacked B1, and I think when the shipment arrives (a week), he may well have the GeoSat C2 for sale. (someone will)

your spacing may be different on the 8 footer versus my 6 footer

honestly its trial and error :)

Anole & Iceberg; Thanks for the ideas. I do have lots of extra Scalar Rings left from doing satellite installations years ago, and accumulating hardware left-overs. I will experiment with this on the 8 ft. dish later in the summer. This should do exactly what I want. I already have an additional RG6 run to the dish, so it should be easy from there.
Thanks Again!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)