2 Locations-1 Account?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Oilburner

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I spend half the time each week at 2 locations within a mile of each other. Is there any way I can install a dish at my 2nd home and just bring the receiver back and forth as needed without adding a new account. Since I will be only viewing at 1 location at a time is this legit? Can it be done?
Thanks

It can be done---But is it legal? Has anyone done this before--Will an installer just come out and mount the dish and not need no other information?

Thanks

doing that is legal (taking a receiver to another spot and bring it back when you're done) but leaving it there permanently is not legal

We do it with our Dish receiver...bring it to the cabin and bring it back when we're done

With D* it is legal to keep them at 2 different addresses. I keep 3 at my camper 90 mnutes from the house. And 5 here at the house. They are listed that way on my account as well. D* was aware of it when I signed up and even offered to put up a second set of dishes at the 5th wheel until they found out how far away they are.

I can not have service calls done at the campsite under the protection plan, but was told to just bring the equipment back to the main house.

E* seams to have a issue with this (no idea why) but it is cool with D*.

set up movers (free with commitment), take the one receiver to the other house on the day of the install. set it up to taste if you cross DMA boundaries, you're still in the original one without changing the service address, but that's not really useful anyways. and contrary to iceberg's post, you can even have a full setup there with a new receiver (value judgement: is not moving a receiver periodically worth $49 to you?). you're just expected to not get programming at both places simultaneously (ie watching something at 7:00pm on memorial day at both houses) without a new account.

I don't think DirecTV categorizes a mobile unit, such as an RV or a semi rig, the same way they categorize a unit in a permant structure 2nd or 3rd home. They are handled as separate scenarios.

Well it seams to be a Issue for E*. Either way I am happy with my D* service overall, and I love my HDlite!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)