2 New HD Channels?

LonghornXP said:
In most cases if Time Warner Corporate makes a deal it normally passes down to Bright House Networks. But if it did occur that Bright House Networks as a seperate company made a deal that most likely would not cover Time Warner Cable. For example the whole free AOL with Road Runner that Time Warner Cable has doesn't apply for Bright House Networks Road Runner customers so that might partly answer your questions.

well that sucks :) I really wanted to see those channels, well just espn2hd on time warner!!

i am not worried about starzhd. when i had starz for free, i never watched it. so many people say they never show anything in hd.

if price does not go up for espn2, i am all for it. i just think espn should use espn1hd more before coming out with a second channel. it is all about the money.

i don't have anything from my source yet but i just read at orlandodigitaltv that time warner cable is adding universal hd to its lineup. if i understand this correctly, would that include bhn, as well?

that sucks. i don't think there would be anything for me to watch until next baseball season. i don't watch college basketball until tournament time.

longhorn, have you heard anything more about this? my source emailed me monday morning that they would check out whether or not we would get universal hd.

this just in from my nameless but reliable source. looks like march for universal.....deuce may or may not be sooner. nothing cast in stone yet. discussions continue!

iceturkee said:
this just in from my nameless but reliable source. looks like march for universal.....deuce may or may not be sooner. nothing cast in stone yet. discussions continue!

So much for that reliable source.

actually, there was an unexpected breakthrough with nbc universal and bhn decided to turn the channel on now, instead of later.

iceturkee said:
actually, there was an unexpected breakthrough with nbc universal and bhn decided to turn the channel on now, instead of later.

That isn't what I heard. They had the damn deal in place for almost three weeks with a turn-on date. I didn't know this until about a week before the launch but they had the deal done just shortly after they showed the Tennis special but BHN wasn't authorized to launch the channel until a later date.

I don't intend to be rude but your contact on this is either misinformed or full of crap because if he did have inside information he would have known.

longhorn,
have you heard anything new about espn2hd? i notice the us figure skating championships are coming up in hd soon. also, should ask if you've heard anything new about multi-channel viewing? thanks.

iceturkee said:
longhorn,
have you heard anything new about espn2hd? i notice the us figure skating championships are coming up in hd soon. also, should ask if you've heard anything new about multi-channel viewing? thanks.

Multiroom viewing is being delayed yet again because I guess they don't feel like rolling it out now. Nothing technicial is holding this up just BHN. Also I don't know anything new about ESPN 2 HD and they never did have a contract for it just that they seemed to be very close to having one. I just wouldn't hold my breath for BHN todo what customers want.

Currently orlando channels as of 1-2-05 are

(included with HD box rental)
WESH-NBC, WKMG-CBS, WFTV-ABC, WOFL-FOX, WRBW-UPN, WKCF-WB, PBS, Discovery HD and TNT HD

showtime + HBO HD (if you have them for std digital service)

(Extra service @ 6.95)
ESPN HD, Universal HD, HD Net, HD Net Movies, INHD and INHD2.

The channel that has been showing in the QAMS as NBAHD has shown up on 650 in the TampaBay Area. However, in the guide it is shown as HDBHN.

At some point down the road they will put BayNews 9 HD on 609. As you might have noticed, the WFLA SD Channel was on 609 in the beginning until they realized the issue and moved it down to 607.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts