2 New HD Channels?

HDTVFanAtic said:
The channel that has been showing in the QAMS as NBAHD has shown up on 650 in the TampaBay Area. However, in the guide it is shown as HDBHN.
At some point down the road they will put BayNews 9 HD on 609. As you might have noticed, the WFLA SD Channel was on 609 in the beginning until they realized the issue and moved it down to 607.

Actually they did have three channels for WFLA. 607 (Weather Plus), 608 (Main HDTV feed) and 609 (Digital feed that all digital customers could get). They ended up taking the 609 away after two weeks and leaving everything else in place.

Also NBA TV is now free for HD Pak subscribers so you don't need their Sports Pak anymore. Also channel 650 is the same exact feed from channel 540 but they moved it over to 650 so its around the other HD channels as they will soon from what I hear start showing extra HD games provided by NBA TV which again will be free to HD Pak customers without needing the Sports Pak.

Also because of a major problem which caused an outage of all services a couple of days ago they will be holding off on adding new HDTV channels for now. All analog and digital channels went out for several hours along with high speed internet services.

I have asked my sources about a major outage systemwide a couple of days ago causing delays in rollout of HDTV channels and they are aware of nothing. I have RoadRunner Business Class and a mailserver with logs and have had no outage of more than a few seconds in the last 2 weeks, so I am curious about this major outage that took down everything and is delaying any additional HD channels.

There was a major outage this morning (overnight 8 hours ago) for cable as the database went bad while backing up the system. All channels from 101+ with the exception of 802 were gone. The system was easily restored from a backup.

As for the other:

They plan to add Qams above 750 Mhz to expand and move some of the sports packs and allow more HD content. They have done some testing on this area to make sure it was clean.

609 was a test channel but will soon have bay news 9 in digital.

Effective Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WE Relocates to channel 78 (channel location 77 will be temporarily ( Analog move ) unassigned. A channel crawl has been placed on both 77 and 78 to notify customers of WE's channel relocation.

A&E On Demand Relocates to 365 (channel 341 will be temporarily unassigned).

SportsKool On Demand Launch on channel 364 has been delayed until February 1, 2006.

Bay News 9 DT Launch of Bay News 9 on channel 609 has been delayed.

Update - Effective January 20, 2006:

335 PPV Events (relocated from channel 519)

650 HD Special Events (relocated from channel 540. Available to all customers with an HD Converter.

751 PPV HD Events Available to all customers with an HD Converter as a Pay Per View channel.

NASCAR In Car Season Ticket - Channels 551 - 556
Season: February 19 through November

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
I have asked my sources about a major outage systemwide a couple of days ago causing delays in rollout of HDTV channels and they are aware of nothing. I have RoadRunner Business Class and a mailserver with logs and have had no outage of more than a few seconds in the last 2 weeks, so I am curious about this major outage that took down everything and is delaying any additional HD channels.

There was a major outage this morning (overnight 8 hours ago) for cable as the database went bad while backing up the system. All channels from 101+ with the exception of 802 were gone. The system was easily restored from a backup.

As for the other:

They plan to add Qams above 750 Mhz to expand and move some of the sports packs and allow more HD content. They have done some testing on this area to make sure it was clean.

609 was a test channel but will soon have bay news 9 in digital.

Effective Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WE Relocates to channel 78 (channel location 77 will be temporarily ( Analog move ) unassigned. A channel crawl has been placed on both 77 and 78 to notify customers of WE's channel relocation.

A&E On Demand Relocates to 365 (channel 341 will be temporarily unassigned).

SportsKool On Demand Launch on channel 364 has been delayed until February 1, 2006.

Bay News 9 DT Launch of Bay News 9 on channel 609 has been delayed.

Update - Effective January 20, 2006:

335 PPV Events (relocated from channel 519)

650 HD Special Events (relocated from channel 540. Available to all customers with an HD Converter.

751 PPV HD Events Available to all customers with an HD Converter as a Pay Per View channel.

NASCAR In Car Season Ticket - Channels 551 - 556
Season: February 19 through November

Good you do indeed have contacts. Oh and by the way BHN did have a major outage during primetime on Monday between 10-11pm. I ended up missing Medium and CSI Miami because of this outage and this outage was major. I got no analog or digital channels. My high speed internet service also went out about an hour before the cable service went out. The cable and internet service didn't come back on until around 1-2am. I was also out of all digital cable channels and so was Pinellas County this morning between about 1am and 6:30am.

LonghornXP said:
Good you do indeed have contacts. Oh and by the way BHN did have a major outage during primetime on Monday between 10-11pm. I ended up missing Medium and CSI Miami because of this outage and this outage was major. I got no analog or digital channels. My high speed internet service also went out about an hour before the cable service went out. The cable and internet service didn't come back on until around 1-2am. I was also out of all digital cable channels and so was Pinellas County this morning between about 1am and 6:30am.

I am in Pinellas and I have Two and A Half Men, Las Vegas and CSI Miami on Monday night on the 8300HD Hard Drive from Monday night, so I guess it wasn't a system wide outage. I also have internet logs on Monday up until 2:15AM Tuesday when I rebooted the server and then its stable upon boot up. I guess it was localized.

I did notice this morning's outage and noted it above. I know that 707 and 691 were still down late this afternoon, but have not checked since. They are both on QAM 651.00Mhz but so is 690, so go figure.....

They were aware of the problem late this afternoon and had an open ticket on it.

HOWEVER, I did loose my reservation for Lost in the 8300HD so all kind of wierd things have clearly happened this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)