2 RF remotes 1 receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

foschus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Eagan, MN
Is it possible to program 2 RF remotes to work a single receiver? My HD DVR is setup in my Family Room, but I have a line run to my bedroom as well, so I can watch it there as well. I'd like to have an RF remote in each room.

Thanks.

IR remote would work if you do NOT have a reciever in that room where you mirrored the main reciever from another room. IR remotes will change the channel any where in the house. RF wont unless you wanna get up and walk into that room that has the D* reciever and change the channel.

ALL RF remotes will work with ANY recievers regardless how many you have and where.. its the you could have a OLD small button remote and get a brand new HD reciever tmr and that OLD remote will work. they are all on the same code.

TV codes have to be programmed to work for that certain tv.

Yes you can, with the remote in DirecTV selection press select and mute at the same time. Then after the green LED blinks a couple times press 961 and the channel UP buttton, then enter the last 6 digits of the RID number (if you press the dash/- key it will display on the TV for you) then press select. Just do that on both remotes and you're set to go.

Yes you can, with the remote in DirecTV selection press select and mute at the same time. Then after the green LED blinks a couple times press 961 and the channel UP buttton, then enter the last 6 digits of the RID number (if you press the dash/- key it will display on the TV for you) then press select. Just do that on both remotes and you're set to go.

how does that work if its not an IR???? RF can be blocked by walls. IR wont be and can be used any where in the house..

am i wrong?

how does that work if its not an IR???? RF can be blocked by walls. IR wont be and can be used any where in the house..

am i wrong?

You're backwards. IR is Infrared (light) and RF is radio frequency which does go through walls and doesn't require line of site.

hmm... okay guess i am backwards.

now that being said... ud hav to have that little antenna on the back of the reciever to make that work.. dont ya?

from what i understood, you do or it wouldnt work.

hmm... okay guess i am backwards.

now that being said... ud hav to have that little antenna on the back of the reciever to make that work.. dont ya?

from what i understood, you do or it wouldnt work.

Some receivers had the external antenna and then DirecTV put them internal (which of course don't work as well). Example the H20/HR20's had external antennas but the H21/H23/HR21/HR22/HR23 have internal antennas.

Some receivers had the external antenna and then DirecTV put them internal (which of course don't work as well). Example the H20/HR20's had external antennas but the H21/H23/HR21/HR22/HR23 have internal antennas.

hmm. learned something..

well i got email to watch this month's satinstalltraining.com video.

i hate these monthly mandate videos. someone wanna do the test for me? lol

rad thanks. You got me most of the way there, but after entering the RID number you have to press select not dash.

I have an HR22 and an R16. Both have internal RF antennas and was able to set up both receivers with 2 RF remotes, because they both run 2 TVs. I picked up 4 RC64R remotes on ebay for $26 w/free shipping.

rad thanks. You got me most of the way there, but after entering the RID number you have to press select not dash.

I have an HR22 and an R16. Both have internal RF antennas and was able to set up both receivers with 2 RF remotes, because they both run 2 TVs. I picked up 4 RC64R remotes on ebay for $26 w/free shipping.

I was just saying that you can use the dash/- key to find out the last 6 digits of the RID, sorry if it wasn't clear.

My RF remote doesn't have enough power to change channels from a room about 30' away. I then went with a IR extender from Radio Shack (about $40) and it works fine.

Remember when programming either AV1 or AV2 device for a RF receiver, those devices won't take the rf remote steps unless its programmed with IR code from 00001-00008 first, so just do the following:

1. DTV , AV1, or AV2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID # (RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

I confess I know only what I read on this forum. I have 1 receiver and 2 tv's. Set it up on RF and programed 2 remotes as listed above. It works perfectly. thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts