2 Silver Sensors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msnyder

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
I have locals broadcasting from two different towers in different directions. I've seen the 2 Silver Sensor trick by combining them and facing them in the same dirrection, but will it work equally as well if they are facing different directions?

I wish I had the answer for you, as I have the same question. I was thinking of using an old A/B switch to select rather than combine them as I am in an Apt complex and get bad multipath problems. I can't aim my current Silver Sensor directly at the tower, I have to be off a few degrees to reject the multipath. Seems to vary from day to day.

Jay

Well, I hit the jackpot today. I was at a local computer show and picked up 3 more Silver Sensors for $6 a piece. I need to make a mount for them and start doing some experimenting.

I am starting to work on convincing the wife that a tall 4 Silver Sensor "sculpture" near the TV would look good. :)

More in a few days...

Jay

JWHITE,

I recently discovered a little trick with my Silver Sensor.

Setting up for the Super Bowl OTA in my living room, I experienced pixillation (multipath) just by walking around the room, sometimes in front of the antenna, sometimes behind. When I realized it was multipath, not weak signal, I rotated the elements fo the Silver Sensor to vertical instead of horizonal, bingo no more pixillation, rock solid for the entire Super Bowl.

Thanks! I have noticed that effect as well. When people are walking in the apartment above, I can lose signal (or multipath). I get almost nothing in the vertical position and have to use the horizontal position. As soon as I get some mounts setup, I can try the two directions atempt. One aimed at DC and the other at Baltimore. The distance to Baltimore may be a stretch from hear with the Silver Sensor. I also have an old Radio Shack VHF/UHF variable gain amp to play with.

Jay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)