2 Silver Sensors

msnyder

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
I have locals broadcasting from two different towers in different directions. I've seen the 2 Silver Sensor trick by combining them and facing them in the same dirrection, but will it work equally as well if they are facing different directions?

I wish I had the answer for you, as I have the same question. I was thinking of using an old A/B switch to select rather than combine them as I am in an Apt complex and get bad multipath problems. I can't aim my current Silver Sensor directly at the tower, I have to be off a few degrees to reject the multipath. Seems to vary from day to day.

Jay

Well, I hit the jackpot today. I was at a local computer show and picked up 3 more Silver Sensors for $6 a piece. I need to make a mount for them and start doing some experimenting.

I am starting to work on convincing the wife that a tall 4 Silver Sensor "sculpture" near the TV would look good. :)

More in a few days...

Jay

JWHITE,

I recently discovered a little trick with my Silver Sensor.

Setting up for the Super Bowl OTA in my living room, I experienced pixillation (multipath) just by walking around the room, sometimes in front of the antenna, sometimes behind. When I realized it was multipath, not weak signal, I rotated the elements fo the Silver Sensor to vertical instead of horizonal, bingo no more pixillation, rock solid for the entire Super Bowl.

Thanks! I have noticed that effect as well. When people are walking in the apartment above, I can lose signal (or multipath). I get almost nothing in the vertical position and have to use the horizontal position. As soon as I get some mounts setup, I can try the two directions atempt. One aimed at DC and the other at Baltimore. The distance to Baltimore may be a stretch from hear with the Silver Sensor. I also have an old Radio Shack VHF/UHF variable gain amp to play with.

Jay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)