2 tivos in one room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I just got an hdtivo. I still have a SD standalone tivo, which I still need to use b/c I have a bunch of stuff recorded on it. They're hooked up to the same tv. Problem is, BOTH tivos respond to EITHER remote -- chaos ensues. the standalone tivo has a DVR 1 2 switch. I've tried putting it on 2 but it seems to have no effect. how do I get around this? I really don't want to have to move the sd tivo my itty bitty 13" tv. thanks.

barth2k said:
I just got an hdtivo. I still have a SD standalone tivo, which I still need to use b/c I have a bunch of stuff recorded on it. They're hooked up to the same tv. Problem is, BOTH tivos respond to EITHER remote -- chaos ensues. the standalone tivo has a DVR 1 2 switch. I've tried putting it on 2 but it seems to have no effect. how do I get around this? I really don't want to have to move the sd tivo my itty bitty 13" tv. thanks.

Look in the maunal, there's a way to set a different remote ID for each D* Tivo. I have two SD-DVR40's and a HR10-250 all located in the same spot and no problems with the ID's set up properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)