2 Year Guarantee without qualifying service, is it possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nmoline

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm considering switching to Direct TV but I'd like to get the two year guarantee, unfortunately getting a qualifying service from AT&T is not viable.

I'm currently on a group ATT Wireless plan in which I'm not the primary, so this service doesn't qualify me.

Additionally Uverse is only 24mbps in my area, I get 60 mbps through Spectrum currently.

Does anyone have any tips for how I go about convincing DirecTv to provide me the 2 year guarantee given my situation?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but last time I checked, DirecTV tends to treat potential newbies such as yourself better than folks like me when it comes to initial onboarding offers.

I didn't think you had to have anything more than a particular video package deal (say, with a Genie DVR and/or other receiver(s)) to qualify for so many years' worth of credits.

I'm not overly familiar with the new customer offers, but glancing at what is available on directv.com today, it is a 12 month price guarantee with a 24 month commitment, meaning the second year is at a higher price. Is that what you are looking at? I don't know that they have a DirecTV offer that required AT&T wireless. They do have AT&T offers that require DirecTV though.

I'm not overly familiar with the new customer offers, but glancing at what is available on directv.com today, it is a 12 month price guarantee with a 24 month commitment, meaning the second year is at a higher price. Is that what you are looking at? I don't know that they have a DirecTV offer that required AT&T wireless. They do have AT&T offers that require DirecTV though.
I think awhile back if you had another at&t service they were giving you 24 months, but that was awhile ago, no idea if it's still around.

No, they have an offer ongoing that you get 2 year price guarantee if you have a qualifying ATT Wireless or Uverse service. However, neither of those are feasible for me, see my original post.

I was hoping someone had success negotiating that 2 year guarantee without a qualifying service and could provide me some tips.

I don't see how, their offers are what they are.

I can build the order and put the promo codes for 2 year price lock on the order. I just don't know if the pricing will stick.

They say to do it that way and the customer has 90 days to subscribe to a qualifying ATT product and service.

But then again ATT and Directv are so screwed up trying to combine both billing systems who knows if they would catch it if you had the 24 month promo code and never got AT&T.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts