2 Years into FTA and still going!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
well, this spring marks my 2 year anniversary in the hoby of FTA. I LOVE it just as much or even more as I did then! Prior to finally buying a system, I lurked on this site for about 2 years. What's next for me? I am thinking a 6' C-Band dish to play with. Got to kind of hide it though........still mulling this around :) THANK YOU to all for your help throughout the years! If it was not for you, I would not be here. - This is especially true when it comes to Iceberg - WOW - this guy was going to drive 500 miles to come help me out. No kidding - that is what I can devotion! I feel I have known ICE for years! THANKS TONY!

Thanks to all!

Larry, just buy a solid white 6' dish and disguise it by building a "snow fort" around it.. in your part of the woods, that should be good to get you through May or so (until all the snow melts away for the summer) ;)

Good idea :)

I want to aim at 99w (if I remember right) so I "think" I have a spot that is behind my house that might work. Fingers crossed :)

well, this spring marks my 2 year anniversary in the hoby of FTA. I LOVE it just as much or even more as I did then! Prior to finally buying a system, I lurked on this site for about 2 years. What's next for me? I am thinking a 6' C-Band dish to play with. Got to kind of hide it though........still mulling this around :) THANK YOU to all for your help throughout the years! If it was not for you, I would not be here. - This is especially true when it comes to Iceberg - WOW - this guy was going to drive 500 miles to come help me out. No kidding - that is what I can devotion! I feel I have known ICE for years! THANKS TONY!

Thanks to all!

Funny thing is, I originally found this site looking for a way to dispose/recycle my old satellite-based Internet dish. Low and behold, you can use it for this hobby. Best part has been when you were starting out, I was too. So when I had some questions, I was able to read your postings to get my answers. It's kind of nice the way this site works! :)

Feb 20th will be my 1 year anniversary since my first FTA order was placed (from Sadoun, of course!) I started looking through credit card/paypal records to find that date, and I'd have to say that over the last year I've paid more for FTA equipment than I paid for subscription TV, by FAR ;)

You learned alot then (as I did) - I had TONS of questions! :)

Funny thing is, I originally found this site looking for a way to dispose/recycle my old satellite-based Internet dish. Low and behold, you can use it for this hobby. Best part has been when you were starting out, I was too. So when I had some questions, I was able to read your postings to get my answers. It's kind of nice the way this site works! :)

I ordered my first set up - the S-1 from Sadoun too. I am afraid to add up all I have spent :)

Feb 20th will be my 1 year anniversary since my first FTA order was placed (from Sadoun, of course!) I started looking through credit card/paypal records to find that date, and I'd have to say that over the last year I've paid more for FTA equipment than I paid for subscription TV, by FAR ;)

Its been 4+ years for me (December 03). I have to laugh as I originally got FTA for the free radio stations on ExpressVu (they're scrmabled now). So I spent 60 bucks on a box with
-no blind scan
-10 transponder entry (not 10 satellite...10 TRANSPONDER)
-no channel editing capabilities
-no way to remove channels. It scans the whole TP

But dangit I saved 7.95 a month on my ExpressVu bill :) Upgraded to a 30" dish about a month later

I don't even want to go that route. I shutter to think how much I spent on receivers/dishes/cables/switches etc

Its been 4+ years for me (December 03). I have to laugh as I originally got FTA for the free radio stations on ExpressVu (they're scrmabled now). So I spent 60 bucks on a box with
-no blind scan
-10 transponder entry (not 10 satellite...10 TRANSPONDER)
-no channel editing capabilities
-no way to remove channels. It scans the whole TP

But dangit I saved 7.95 a month on my ExpressVu bill :) Upgraded to a 30" dish about a month later

I don't even want to go that route. I shutter to think how much I spent on receivers/dishes/cables/switches etc

Ice, You've spent more money that it would take to feed a 3rd World Nation for a year. j/k

FTA since May 2005 here :) Its great, there's so much to see up there! And the best part is, when you do spend money, it goes into your equipment, which gives you a return for your investment in service over the years!

Me too... But that didn't stop me from putting up a C-Band dish :)

My dish luckily is in my back yard, and is not viewable from the road at all, so the zoning police can't see it. None of my neighbors have complained.

Maybe it's the inner geek speaking, but your setup looks like a BAD (Big Attractive Dish) to me. :p

What's wrong with people who don't see the raw mechanical beauty in a dish or a 40 meter beam antenna on the roof, I'll never understand. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)