2 yr Contract

tim ocallaghan

Original poster
Oct 21, 2016
rochester mn
1. Can anyone share the Dish contract that you have to sign that locks you in for 2 years ?

With most any contract there is generally a defined set of things provided by one side in exchange for money paid by the other side.

All I read about a bunch of unhappy customers that are locked into a 2 yr deal even though things don't seem to be correct. Does the contract provide in writing what DISH is providing?.

I have DirectTV and the ability to watch recorded shows on a mobile device has been a disaster. First they had genie go...DISASTER.....then they dropped support for that...and for a short period of time I could watch recordings on my phone/tablet (NOT on PC) but that has been broken since Nov....almost right after they started.

All I want is for DISH to have in their contract that they will provide WHAT they say they offer on their web site ...which is DISH Anywhere that works on phone,tablet and PC and be able to watch TV in any room with a hopper or Joey.

Is that so ?

Google Dish Residential Customer Agreement and you should get to it.

You won't find what you are looking for. Basically Dish isn't on the hook for anything as long as they can provide some level of service. No commitment to any particular feature or service, no warranties, etc.

1. Can anyone share the Dish contract that you have to sign that locks you in for 2 years ?

With most any contract there is generally a defined set of things provided by one side in exchange for money paid by the other side.

All I read about a bunch of unhappy customers that are locked into a 2 yr deal even though things don't seem to be correct. Does the contract provide in writing what DISH is providing?.

I have DirectTV and the ability to watch recorded shows on a mobile device has been a disaster. First they had genie go...DISASTER.....then they dropped support for that...and for a short period of time I could watch recordings on my phone/tablet (NOT on PC) but that has been broken since Nov....almost right after they started.

All I want is for DISH to have in their contract that they will provide WHAT they say they offer on their web site ...which is DISH Anywhere that works on phone,tablet and PC and be able to watch TV in any room with a hopper or Joey.

Is that so ?

Dish has been ahead of the crowd in watching TV anywhere and with the correct receiver (Sling loaded, Hopper) it generally works well. However not only is there no the Guarantee, they specifically say in the agreement (which is readily available online) they may end internet access at anytime for any reason, they don't guarantee what channels you will get and tons of other things.
https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/residential-agreement.pdf

https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/New-Customer-2-Year-English.pdf

https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Existing-Customer-2-Years.pdf

https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/dispute-resolution-notice.pdf

https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/arbitration-opt-out.pdf

https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/FLEX24-English.pdf (The non contract plan not the Flexible Package)

Is that so ?
Dish anywhere is a PERK, that is an added value to the service you contract for.

Thanks for all the feedback
Thank you Tampa8 for attaching the contracts!
The contract is far worse than I could imagine.....it actually criminal.... you have signed away ANY rights...and they literally promise NOTHING...
Regarding Dish Anywhere being a PERK....well that is one opinion....not one that I agree with. If you advertise a feature they you should be responsible to deliver that feature . . . .......RELIABLY.

I'm fed up with DirectTV so I either have to bite the bullet or find the right "cut the cord" solution.

2 year agreement, you break if they charge you $20 for every month remaining.

There is also language in there so there is no possible way out is the contract such if you move or don't like the service.

You can always get out of it like with any agreement.

The contract is far worse than I could imagine.....it actually criminal.... you have signed away ANY rights...and they literally promise NOTHING...
Regarding Dish Anywhere being a PERK....well that is one opinion....not one that I agree with. If you advertise a feature they you should be responsible to deliver that feature . . . .......RELIABLY.

from the sound of that, you should probably cut the cord. Before that look at your internet, that might be just as bad

Mediacom has 2 deals going all the time. One with a contract, the other without. Pretty common among other providers I'm told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cable companies / FiOS no longer tie customers to term commitments...
Most do for locked-in pro
so that tv commercial for comcast that says a 2 year commitment is false?
No, the notion that cable does not have across the board 2 yr contracts is false. You want the better/promo rates? You get a contract.

Reactions: navychop
What I see is no contract required - if you don't want the best price or in some cases don't want the "better" (term used loosely sometimes) equipment. I had to sign a contract in both Tampa and Ct for Charter to get their best internet deal. Now granted, I think in today's prices it is a very good deal but I did have to sign.

Perhaps I was wrong, there were TV ads in this area about no contractual obligation for Comcast and Verizon. Maybe it was a temporary promotion in some markets where they compete...

Reactions: Tampa8
Perhaps I was wrong, there were TV ads in this area about no contractual obligation for Comcast and Verizon. Maybe it was a temporary promotion in some markets where they compete...
It's the "bait" to get you call. THEN, they'll tell you how much more you could save if you went with one of their promos. THEN you up the phone smiling and proud getting a good deal...but a contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)