20,000 feet closer to Voom

sixfrost

Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
New York
Hey, Voom crowd.

I am going on vacation tomorrow. Four of us are going to climb Kilimanjaro - the tallest peak in Africa.

With the recent developments, I'd like to dedicate my climb to Voom.

I am not a Voom customer, but lets just say... I am directly involved. :)

I will post some pics in two weeks upon my return. I will bring the Voom logo to the the Roof of Africa!! Wish me luck.

VIVA LA VOOM!!!!

sixfrost said:
Hey, Voom crowd.

I am going on vacation tomorrow. Four of us are going to climb Kilimanjaro - the tallest peak in Africa.

With the recent developments, I'd like to dedicate my climb to Voom.

I am not a Voom customer, but lets just say... I am directly involved. :)

I will post some pics in two weeks upon my return. I will bring the Voom logo to the the Roof of Africa!! Wish me luck.

VIVA LA VOOM!!!!
GOOD LUCK & DON'T FALL OFF THE MOUNTAIN

Thank you for the good vibes :)

I wish! (about the Rush production) Well, may be they'll let me put a voom logo on my parachute :)

Like this pic here

Attachments

• voom_frame_0.jpg
    voom_frame_0.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 470
Ladies and Gentlemen, This just in. James Dolan the CEO of Cablevision has just fallen 20,000 feet off the Kilimanjaro mountain. We have no word on either or not his body has been found.

20 minutes later, we regret to inform you that we found his body at the bottom of the mountain. What a bloddy fu*kin' mess! Thank God It's Over!!!!!! OOPS! I can't say that on air can I? Oh well it looks like I just did.

sixfrost said:

VIVA LA VOOM!!!!
Good luck man. Are we going to see you in Rush-HD? :D

Hey gang.

We made it. It wasnt a super hard climb - no technical stuff, just a VERY demanding hike. We took 5 days to climb to the summit, where other climbers take 9-11 days. The main danger here is the HAPE (altitude sickness). Each day adds about a 30% chance of success to the top. We still got a little sick, but made it to the very top.

There are two points the Gilman point (lower) and the Uhuru point (highest). Only 75% of climbers make it to the Gilman point and just 50% to Uhuru. In total we hiked 75-80 km at altitudes between 6000 feet and >19000 feet. It was an acompishment and we are all proud of ourselves for doing it. Anyone can do it, just not everyone does ;)

So here are a few pics, as promised. I didnt take the Voom logo to the very top (every ounce counts) but I did take a shot of it at camp 2. And with help of my friend and photoshop this is what it may have looked like! :)

Attachments

• Kilimanjaro_top_voom.jpg
    Kilimanjaro_top_voom.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 663
  • DSC01600.JPG
    DSC01600.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 628
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 495
thank you guys! Appreciate the good words.

Here are a few more shots

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 412
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 391
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 387
Walter L. said:
COOL PICS!!! I 'me glad that you guys made it and came down safely (going down is always the most dangerous part).

But sometimes the fastest!!!!! LOL

Welcome back and thanks for the great pics!

sixfrost said:
thank you guys! Appreciate the good words.

Here are a few more shots

Now we just need VOOM flags on top of all of the world's highest mountains. Anyone here good with Photoshop?

Still enjoying HDTV under lightly raining Seattle skies, Gill

How did the weather look at the top and at the bottom?
Must be a huge temperature difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts