2008-09 College Bowl Season

Pryor work on the arm. The Buckeyes will be really good this coming season.

Wells will be a Detroit Lion in the NFL.

No word if he's coming out yet.
The Draft guys have him going around 15-20 in this years draft if he goes.

Lions have much more pressing needs than Beanie.

Why ? :D

IF Beanie doesn't show the ability to stay healthy, he probably won't even go in the first round.

I would love him in Pittsburgh, in case Mendenhaul doesn't come back from his injuries.

Jimbo

Jimbo.......Im from Cleveland. Im from the Dawg Pound. I am a Cleveland Browns fan. I hate the Steelers. Born to hate the Steelers. :D
I bet you would love him in Pittsburgh. hahaha

Some observation about last nights game:

- What started out as a "Big Ten kind of football"...in other words, boring as hell....turned into one of the best games of the year between two very good football teams.

- THAT was the best defense Texas faced ALL YEAR! IF the Big 12 would face defenses from the top 5 or 6 teams in the conference like that, you would not see those inflated numbers by the QBs in that conference.

- With the above mentioned statement made, don't let McCoy's numbers fool you...if I threw 60 times in a game, I BETTER get over 400 yards! Those little dump passes he was killing the Buckeyes with were more or less run plays.

- I am sorry, but I have seen enough games to say that Pryor is nothing more than Vince Evans lite with LESS of an arm. You can CLEARLY see Boeckman is a much better passer and personally, if HE played the full game, the Buckeyes WIN...IMHO. He had much more control of the offense than Pryor did...the team responded better with Boeckman at the helm than with Pryor. Don't get me wrong, this Pryor kid has talent....but he ain't no QB.

- ANYONE one who thought this was "going to be a blowout" or "thought the 'Horns would run them out of the building" is full of crap! The Buckeyes biggest strengths came through yesterday, they could run the ball and play defense. AND like stated earlier....Texas had not seen a defense like this ALL year.

- And finally, NO OFFENSE to tOSU marching band, they are VERY good and I like listening to good college marching bands...but if ANYONE has seen the best marching bands from some of the black colleges...they would put tOSU to shame! Schools like FAMU, Morehouse, Grambling would play and march circles around them!

This has been an interesting bowl season for some of us:

Tech had an aboslutely embarassing flameout,
Don't remind me. I thought I was "lucky" when I found a station in Northern Ontario, Canada that was carrying the game... :(
That game was just embarrassing. Does make me wonder where that LSU team was all season though.

Ouch! Ouch Ouch! As a diehard Buckeye fan, I think last nights loss actually hurt more than getting blown out of the last 2 championship games. :( This was a painful way to lose. :(

Ouch! Ouch Ouch! As a diehard Buckeye fan, I think last nights loss actually hurt more than getting blown out of the last 2 championship games. :( This was a painful way to lose. :(

Very painful indeed. I was elated when the Bucks scored their final TD and went up by 4 points with less than 2 minutes to go. The players, coaches and fans they showed on camera were all so excited. This was supposed to be the game to show all the Buckeye Haters that the Scarlett & Gray were back.

But wouldn't you know it, Colt McCoy and the boys methodically drove down the field to make it interesting. Then the blown coverage and go ahead TD with 16 seconds to win the game.

As an Ohio Sports fan, I felt like I've been preparing for this loss my whole life. Time and time again we've been dealt one hard disappointing loss after another. Once again, my heart felt like it has been ripped out of my chest.

I'm going to go cry now. :(

But wouldn't you know it, Colt McCoy and the boys methodically drove down the field to make it interesting. Then the blown coverage and go ahead TD with 16 seconds to win the game.

As an Ohio Sports fan, I felt like I've been preparing for this loss my whole life. Time and time again we've been dealt one hard disappointing loss after another. Once again, my heart felt like it has been ripped out of my chest.

I'm going to go cry now. :(

I'm not normally too superstitious with curses, etc, but sometimes I wonder.....

Why ? :D

IF Beanie doesn't show the ability to stay healthy, he probably won't even go in the first round.

I would love him in Pittsburgh, in case Mendenhaul doesn't come back from his injuries.

Jimbo

We need a O line and D line player first, then a big running back, we have enough small backs who can't cross the goal line.

I am not the queen of Buckeye nation, or the queen of anything for that matter. Just a girl with an opinion...or lots of them.

My take on the game...

- Had to do a little juggling act until around 9:30, as the Rangers were also playing the Penguins. EVERY Ranger game is huge. With the way DirecTV's DVR works I had to record them both, and pause them at commercials, and switch and unpause the other game until the next commercial. I had to press buttons around 4,000 times, but I don't think I missed a play of either game.

- Rough start with penalties on offense, it looked for a little while like my worst nightmare was coming true. The first two possessions could have been touchdowns instead of field goals (I think one was a miss?) if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. Still, it was a good start overall.

- So Boeckman starts the game, with Pryor as receiver. Nice touch. Ten games late, but a nice touch. Brian Hartline is disciplined by not starting, but replaces Boeckman for the second play from scrimmage. OK...

- Terrelle Pryor left a lot of yards on the table early. I'm sure the coaching staff told him to get out of bounds and not get hit, but he took it to the extreme the time he pulled up and went out of bounds untouched five yards before the first down marker.

- Ranger game ends about 30 seconds after 9:30, and my recording stops at 9:30, so I didn't get to see Hank celebrate his shutout, or the stick salute to the crowd. My fault for not padding the recording. I should have realized that was a bad omen!

- Beanie chewed up a lot of yardage early, but it seems like he's always hurt. Not unlike Maurice Clarett...He makes Adrian Peterson seem like an Ironman.

- Eerie when they showed Colt McCoy's parents in the stands, his dad looks just like JD McCoy's father on Friday Night Lights. Mom could be Janine Turner too. Who was the pretty blond girl next to the mom, Colt's sister or girlfriend, or just a girl who happened to be sitting there? Then they tell stories about Colt growing up with his father as a coach, and it really does seem just like the TV show.

- What kind of pass was that at the end of the first half by McCoy? Goodness that was ugly.

- I don't see McCoy being an NFL quarterback, at least not a starter. Too small, not fast enough, nothing more than a decent arm. Great college QB though.

- Not long after the blonde sideline reporter tells us about this year being the toughest of Todd Boeckman's life (not football career, life!), he throws a TD pass to Pryor. Would love to have seen Boeckman's face as he celebrated, but instead they showed a couple of fat Buckeye fans in the stands celebrating. Thanks Fox.

- Why was Tressel not using this type of offense all year, inserting Boeckman for changes of pace every once in a while? I remember some stupid female triathlete suggesting that in September, but all I heard here was how great Pryor is going to be. I know they had six weeks to prepare for this game, but they also had the summer to work on it as well. Didn't seem like rocket science or anything...

- They should have ran the ball more when Boeckman was at QB. After a little while it was becoming very predictable.

- Where was this offense all year? One bad half against USC should not have obliterated Boeckman from the lineup.

- Not only am I not sure if Pryor will be a starting NFL QB, I'm still not completely sold on him being a mega-star in college. Good, yes. Dominant...I'll withhold judgement. He has a lot to learn. The analyst was talking about his footwork, but it looked to me like the problem is more panicking under pressure. I guess that can be worked on to some extent, but some QB's seem to be born with the gene that allows them to hold the ball until the right moment even at ten years old.

- Terrible call on the second 'blow to the head' call on the pass rush. I suppose if he didn't do it the first time they wouldn't have been looking for it the second time, but he clearly hit him in the shoulder pads. If he had lowered his head and hit him with his shoulder he wouldn't have been called for anything...but it was still a bad call.

- The receiver made the first down on fourth and three. He clearly got the ball over the line. It was a bad spot at first, that's what got the coaching staff so irate when they moved it. But it was a good call.

- I'm not sure if I could care less who has the better marching bands. To me that's like trying to decide which team has better uniforms. I'm sure Grambling's band is phenomenal. Who cares.

- How many times did Washington get hurt in the game? Jeesh, poor guy.

- Bad job by the DB not keeping the receiver in front of him on the game winning score, but that happens.

- I actually thought Texas was using too much time, considering they had two timeouts left. If the pass was incomplete or not a touchdown there would have been 15-20 seconds left, and they got the ball with two minutes left. I thought that was a good thing for us, until...

- Very painful as a Buckeye fan. I couldn't watch the post game stuff, so I started watching a movie I recorded instead...Leaving Las Vegas. I watched the first hour before I got tired, and so far it is EXTREMELY slow moving. I didn't realize it was such a depressing movie (at least the first hour anyway), so it wasn't a good choice.

- Jim Tressel did not lose the game, he gave his team a good chance to win the game.

Sandra

- Very painful as a Buckeye fan. I couldn't watch the post game stuff, so I started watching a movie I recorded instead...Leaving Las Vegas. I watched the first hour before I got tired, and so far it is EXTREMELY slow moving. I didn't realize it was such a depressing movie (at least the first hour anyway), so it wasn't a good choice.

Sandra

Good God! You couldn't bear to watch the post-game stuff and instead watched "Leaving Las Vegas"! The movie with Nick Cage where he loses everything in life and decides to go to Vegas to drink himself to death?! I can't imagine a less appropriate film to watch after going through another painful loss in the Buckeyes game.

Hold your head up buckeye fans, your team at least held its own against Texas. You were not expected to win, in fact you were expected to be destroyed. You lost by what 3 points? on a TD pass with 15seconds left? The buckeyes have nothing to be ashamed of its Texas who should be holding their heads low, not acting all high and mightly and being cocky like they were last night.

MAck brown was all "Im voting Number 1 for this texas team I dont think anyone can beat them..." Well Texas Tech did..... and you BARELY got by a very unimpressive OSU team (Unimpressive throughout the season, but very last night) A team statistically you should of wiped the floor with. Face it Texas you were exposed, NO DEFENSE! and your offense cant play against a team with good defense (At least not as well as you can against the soft Big12 defenses..) You should be happy and lucky to get #4 spot. Utah no doubt deserves #2 and the loser of OK vs FLA deserves #3 (depending on how bad they lose you may have to reverse utah to #3)

Hold your head up buckeye fans, your team at least held its own against Texas. You were not expected to win, in fact you were expected to be destroyed. You lost by what 3 points? on a TD pass with 15seconds left? The buckeyes have nothing to be ashamed of its Texas who should be holding their heads low, not acting all high and mightly and being cocky like they were last night.

MAck brown was all "Im voting Number 1 for this texas team I dont think anyone can beat them..." Well Texas Tech did..... and you BARELY got by a very unimpressive OSU team (Unimpressive throughout the season, but very last night) A team statistically you should of wiped the floor with. Face it Texas you were exposed, NO DEFENSE! and your offense cant play against a team with good defense (At least not as well as you can against ... Big12 defenses..) You should be happy and lucky to get #4 spot. Utah no doubt deserves #2 and the loser of OK vs FLA deserves #3 (depending on how bad they lose you may have to reverse utah to #3)
+1

MAck brown was all "Im voting Number 1 for this texas team I dont think anyone can beat them..." Well Texas Tech did..... and you BARELY got by a very unimpressive OSU team (Unimpressive throughout the season, but very last night) A team statistically you should of wiped the floor with. Face it Texas you were exposed, NO DEFENSE! and your offense cant play against a team with good defense (At least not as well as you can against the soft Big12 defenses..) You should be happy and lucky to get #4 spot. Utah no doubt deserves #2 and the loser of OK vs FLA deserves #3 (depending on how bad they lose you may have to reverse utah to #3)

I agree without a doubt that Utah deserves to be #2. But IF Florida beats Oklahoma (which I personally think they will), how could you rank Oklahoma with two losses ahead of Texas with one loss, AND Texas beat them head-to-head?

IMO, the loser of Florida-Oklahoma will fall to #5.........behind Utah, Texas and USC.

Time for College football playoffs?

Tebow coming back for more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)