2008-09 College Bowl Season

Honestly, when they came back for the start of the second half, I was prepared to be told by Fox's wonderful announcers that Tebow found a few minutes to cure cancer during Meyer's halftime speech. The best part was when Tebow took a taunting penalty WHILE they were telling us how everyone is better just for knowing him. :D

And just how bad WERE the announcers? Good thing next year Fox won't be parachuting into the BCS to start covering a sport they only glance at all year.

Fourth and goal...they gotta go here...run it right at 'em!...stopped!...OK, now it's fourth down again! Gotta go again!!! Run it right at 'em again! Stopped again!!! :D :D :D

You can't make this stuff up.

Sandra

Insider, now that you've shown up, I'll give some thoughts:

1. I've had a tendency to blow up over bad losses, but I'll congratulate you. Your team did won.

2. The game basically boiled down to three plays- the two interceptions, and that goal-lie stand.

3. Is it just me, or are the announcers just a bit over-the-top when it came to praising Tebow?

I listened to ESPN Radio's call with Brent Musberger. I was left wondering how much money he bet on Florida. I didn't really give a flying flip who won but he was over the top on Florida's dominance when it sounded like a hard fought game with Florida prevailing at the end.

4. I guess Florida shut me up- for months and months, I had said Florida's defense was terrible and that they had been facing nothing but pathetic popguns. I was wrong- I'll admit it.

5. Last time Florida won the national title, they were forgotten by the summer of 2006, with the semi-annual USC overkill. Do you think Florida would be better off if more or less people favor them to repeat?

6. Now that the season is over, tell me where and when next year's national title game will be.

Congrats to florida and their fans. Watch out for the Big Ten next year, it's got to get better.:eek:

Last edited:
And just how bad WERE the announcers? Good thing next year Fox won't be parachuting into the BCS to start covering a sport they only glance at all year.
FOX's coverage was terrible. Just 2 minutes into the game they say declaritavely Florida's unable to get any pressure on Bradford. Next play Bradford gets sacked. Next time let's wait until at least the 2nd half until we start saying what each team can and cannot do. :rolleyes:

And what was up with the split screens and 4 way boxes? It's like they had ADD. I felt like I was watching Larry King. We get it; the coaches are signaling in the plays from the sideline. Who's bright idea was that to keep changing the camera shots while Oklahoma's running a no huddle offense?

First chance I've gotten to respond to last night's game.

Congratulations to Insider and all the Gator nation. Nice win last night, and thanks for keeping the crystal ball in the SEC. :up I'm already looking forward to next year. I can't wait to to see my Tigers return the favor and kick the defending national champs' asses in Baton Rouge. :D ;)

As for Mcdonelly and the rest of the OU fans, hold your heads up high. Your Sooners played one hell of a game. :bow Bradford will be something to look forward to in the next couple of years.

Bradford will be something to look forward to in the next couple of years.

In the Pros ...
Looks like there are a lot of guys declaring for the NFL in this draft.
Stafford, Moreno, Wells, Macklin, Crabtree , these are just the ones I remember of the top of my head.

Jimbo

Oh, if only Florida were to play USC ... - College football- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Spoiler Alert for January 2010, maybe?

Couple things that caught my eye:

Every year begins with USC on the short list of national title contenders, and ends with the Trojans playing as well as any team in the country.

If they could avoid a ridiculous hiccup or two, then "playing as well as any team" could be interpreted more seriously. It's been 5 years since they played a bowl game outside Pasadena.

“If we had a playoff system,” Carroll told the AP earlier this week, “I don’t know that we wouldn’t have four or five (national titles).”

No, Pete. If your team didn't gag against some really bad Pac-10 teams or stop Texas, then you'd have more.

The USC machine runs like this: Bring in the bluest of the blue chip recruits, turn them into All-Americans, then send them off to the NFL.

It forgot to mention "choke to inferior team, win Rose Bowl, and the college football universe acts like they should be #1"

If Tebow returns, Florida will be preseason No. 1 next season and it won’t be close.

Trust me- not even the return of Superman would prevent sportswriters from only naming USC preseason #1. Remember- IT'S USC! Sportswriters and voters drool over USC the way Sandra drools over Swedish goalies.

Could the ’09 Trojans stand in the way of Florida’s repeat at next year’s title game?

Yes- if they can actually win EVERY regular-season game and have a zero in the loss column at the end of the season.

So USC will continue to reign over the Pac-10

Let me be the first to say- watch out for Oregon. They are, IMO, the only Pac-10 team that will have the guts to challenge USC- and they play in Autzen in 2009.

In other words, great. But, this is what USC does- believe the hype, fall flat on face to inferior team.

Oh, if only Florida were to play USC ... - College football- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Every year begins with USC on the short list of national title contenders, and ends with the Trojans playing as well as any team in the country.

If they could avoid a ridiculous hiccup or two, then "playing as well as any team" could be interpreted more seriously. It's been 5 years since they played a bowl game outside Pasadena.

“If we had a playoff system,” Carroll told the AP earlier this week, “I don’t know that we wouldn’t have four or five (national titles).”

No, Pete. If your team didn't gag against some really bad Pac-10 teams or stop Texas, then you'd have more.

The USC machine runs like this: Bring in the bluest of the blue chip recruits, turn them into All-Americans, then send them off to the NFL.

It forgot to mention "choke to inferior team, win Rose Bowl, and the college football universe acts like they should be #1"

If Tebow returns, Florida will be preseason No. 1 next season and it won’t be close.

Trust me- not even the return of Superman would prevent sportswriters from only naming USC preseason #1. Remember- IT'S USC! Sportswriters and voters drool over USC the way Sandra drools over Swedish goalies.

Could the ’09 Trojans stand in the way of Florida’s repeat at next year’s title game?

Yes- if they can actually win EVERY regular-season game and have a zero in the loss column at the end of the season.

So USC will continue to reign over the Pac-10

Let me be the first to say- watch out for Oregon. They are, IMO, the only Pac-10 team that will have the guts to challenge USC- and they play in Autzen in 2009.

In other words, great. But, this is what USC does- believe the hype, fall flat on face to inferior team.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the game last night? I kept thinking to myself "USC would smoke either of these teams..."
and which good team did usc beat this year? the pac10 is a joke.. ole miss could be pac10 champ...hell auburn or vandy would be the top of the pac10

Tell us how you really feel Sabre's :D

The early line out of Las Vegas has USC as the favorites again.

Here's what I'll predict:

If they beat Ohio State, they'll lose to an inferior Pac-10 team.

If they lose to Ohio State, they'll beat everyone in the Pac-10.

Either way, USC seemingly finds a way to lose a game they shouldn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)