Tebow coming back for more...

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3825566"]QB Tim Tebow to bypass draft, remain at Florida - ESPN[/ame]

Can't wait for next year's game in Death Valley. :)

I think he's coming back strictly to improve his draft stock. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
yep that's exactly what he's doing. he'll probably work more to develop his skills at the QB position because right now it's clear he's not NFL material.

Not only look for Florida to be prohibitive #1 and favorite to win it all....but look for him to be more of a drop back passer and less running on his behalf.

What were his choices, leave to go back to the leper colony? Tebow is not an NFL QB. He's a great college player, but he's just a battering ram. Besides he can stay at Florida and try to cure cancer or end poverty or bring about world peace.

What were his choices, leave to go back to the leper colony? Tebow is not an NFL QB. He's a great college player, but he's just a battering ram. Besides he can stay at Florida and try to cure cancer or end poverty or bring about world peace.
Tebow defiantly made the right choice, he needs to polish his passing game.
Many NFL Scouts are counting on him being an H back when going into the Pro's, if he's taken as a QB this year it would be a 3rd or 4th round choice.

Are you talking about the Detroit Lions? :confused:

Just kidding, Paul. ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Jimbo

I think he's coming back strictly to improve his draft stock. Thoughts anyone?
Considering his background, college major (Family, Youth, and Community Science), missionary work during summers, I think he's actually focused on getting his degree and then probably mastering in some sort of divinity studies and entering the ministry.

I know it's shocking these days to actually think someone cares more about their education and other things than about being in the NFL.

Considering his background, college major (Family, Youth, and Community Science), missionary work during summers, I think he's actually focused on getting his degree and then probably mastering in some sort of divinity studies and entering the ministry.

I know it's shocking these days to actually think someone cares more about their education and other things than about being in the NFL.

Ya think?!:rolleyes: I am not a Gator fan by any means, but he is a good kid that so far, has lived a good life that kids could look up to.

What is it you guys don't like about this kid? I see a winner, and more importantly a leader, who completed 65% of his passes. Sounds like qualities the Lions really could use. Anyways, the joke will be on all these hot-shot QB's that don't want to play for the Lions. More than likely come draft time 2010, the Lions will STILL be holding the #1 draft pick. One draft and a new coach will not fix all the problems this team has.

i think he came back because he's loyal to uf, the news from the nfl wasn't favorable (no surprise there) but mostly because he's motivated to lead the gators to an undefeated season and another national championship.

quite frankly, i don't really think the nfl is where he belongs. he's too much like danny wuerffel and ultimately much more interested working in some type of ministry.

now, danny lasted 6 seasons in the nfl when many thought he wouldn't make it one. but danny also said, once upon a time, he was fortunate enough to be blessed to play football for awhile but it wasn't his life work.

if timmy ever plays in the nfl, i doubt his career would last any longer than danny's did, if that long!

i think he came back because he's loyal to uf, the news from the nfl wasn't favorable (no surprise there) but mostly because he's motivated to lead the gators to an undefeated season and another national championship.

quite frankly, i don't really think the nfl is where he belongs. he's too much like danny wuerffel and ultimately much more interested working in some type of ministry.

now, danny lasted 6 seasons in the nfl when many thought he wouldn't make it one. but danny also said, once upon a time, he was fortunate enough to be blessed to play football for awhile but it wasn't his life work.

if timmy ever plays in the nfl, i doubt his career would last any longer than danny's did, if that long!

Sorry....But Danny could not carry this kids' pads. Danny could not will games. There are guys that lead with either words, actions or by example...and he does all three. This kid has the IT factor and he will make a very reliable pro....The last time someone that had the IT factor and was not considered to be a good pro was Doug Flutie...and I think Teabow has MORE physical talent than he does.

Flutie never got a chance in the NFL. Seemed to do pretty well in the CFL, if I remember right. Looks like you and I are the only ones that think Tebow will have a great NFL career, Salsa.

This, from a Florida fan?:confused:

Im worried about FLA losing some big stars on defense, but if they can get some good defensive players next year I see an undefeated season.

Specially with GA losing its super stars, LSU worries me a bit and ole miss worries me the most.

as far as teabow goes, the kid is 100% a class act. He took some heat for his "unsportsman like conduct" foul but come on, the guy did the gator chomp he was excited, its not like he punched someone or got madd. Its more of an over celebration foul then anything.

Im worried about FLA losing some big stars on defense, but if they can get some good defensive players next year I see an undefeated season.

Specially with GA losing its super stars, LSU worries me a bit and ole miss worries me the most.

as far as teabow goes, the kid is 100% a class act. He took some heat for his "unsportsman like conduct" foul but come on, the guy did the gator chomp he was excited, its not like he punched someone or got madd. Its more of an over celebration foul then anything.

I had NO ISSUES when he did the Chomp....Especially to the DB that called him the "4th best QB in Big 12". LMAO!! That idiot deserved the DOUBLE CHOP!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)