2008-09 MLB Hot Stove

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Manny Rejects Dogers Latest Offer

PHOENIX -- [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=2974"]Manny Ramirez Stats, News, Photos - Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN[/ame] has rejected yet another offer from the [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=lad"]Moved Permanently[/ame].

The Dodgers announced Thursday night the star outfielder's agent, Scott Boras, had declined a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. It was the club's fourth offer to Ramirez this offseason.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3938665"]Dodgers say Manny Ramirez turns down latest offer; agent says counterpropsal made - ESPN[/ame]

PHOENIX -- Manny Ramirez has rejected yet another offer from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Dodgers announced Thursday night the star outfielder's agent, Scott Boras, had declined a $25 million, one-year contract with a $20 million player option for 2010. It was the club's fourth offer to Ramirez this offseason.

Dodgers say Manny Ramirez turns down latest offer; agent says counterpropsal made - ESPN

Maybe Manny doesn't know who Jody Reed and Jack Clark were, but I'm sure Boras does. Unless Boras has the Yankees nibbling off radar, Manny could wind up blowing ten to twenty million dollars by negotiating for a small increase.

Last edited:
Maybe Manny doesn't know who Jody Reed and Jack Clark were, but I'm sure Boras does. Unless Boras has the Yankees nibbling off radar, Manny could wind up blowing ten to twenty million dollars by negtiating for a small increase.

According to reports, he doesn't want the money deferred ....
Sounds more like the agent talking to me.
He wants his money NOW

... Manny could wind up blowing ten to twenty million dollars by negotiating for a small increase.

*please let this happen, please let this happen* :) :)

What a bunch of clowns (Manny/Boras). That is a sweet/player-friendly deal. I would love for the Dodgers to decide to move on without him.

*please let this happen, please let this happen* :) :)

yes, I hope Boras blows several million for Manny, because that would take away some of Boras' leverage in contract negotiations in the future when players see how Boras being too greedy may more than likely hurt them, not help them in the pocketbook.

If Manny is happy in L.A., he should have taken the deal last week, play like he earns it, and then he'd get a larger contract in 2 years when the economy is better and when he shows he can still play and is not suffering diminishing skills.

This is why you cant like Manny. I mean Im sorry if they lowballed you Manny but come on take the deal. Its nothing to sneeze at.

Also, HD MM, your a Conan fan, I see?

Maybe Manny isn't interested in spring training. When the season starts, Manny will be in uniform, playing for the Dodgers. They seem to be the only team interested.

Maybe Manny isn't interested in spring training. When the season starts, Manny will be in uniform, playing for the Dodgers. They seem to be the only team interested.

I agree 100% with this, that Manny is skipping out for spring training, he knows the money will be there. Owners these days dont want to be one uped by other owners in there own world.

Only team interested? Hell, they're the only team that can afford him! The Yankees and Mets are already committed to their lucrative rosters and he's already burned his bridge with Boston.

Manny ain't sitting out a season at his age. He only has 3-4 seasons of earning power left. Two of those seasons are worth at least $45M (total), nobody is that stupid to leave that kind of money on the table.

Manny ain't sitting out a season at his age. He only has 3-4 seasons of earning power left. Two of those seasons are worth at least $45M (total), nobody is that stupid to leave that kind of money on the table.

Yep. Only two things to become of this once everything's said and done. Someone is going to look like a genius, while the other is left with an egg on their face.

Like I said a few weeks back, The Dodgers should offer Manny 16M for one year or 30M for two ...
They are the only ones bidding on him .... why increase the offer ?

He'll be back in time for the season to start and struggle in the first month.

Jimbo

Last edited:
The A's have signed both shortstops from the 2004 Red Sox championship team: Orlando Cabrera and Nomar Garciaparra.

Of course, Nomar is no longer a shortstop.

If this was a decade earlier, it'd be a dream come true, but this is not the prime Nomar that Bill remembers.

True, but you know what Sabres? I like some of the move the A's have made to their offense.

Holliday, Giambi, Cabrera and Nomar isn't a bad offseason haul! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts