2008 MLB All-Star Game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also, forgot to mention...

FOUR members of the Texas Rangers? Very surprising, considering they are not likely to make a second-half run.

Hamilton's a no-brainer, but Milton Bradley and two others??

It's too bad people like Anders and Lance didn't discover this site.

That is sad. I never got to tell anders that UNC made the Final Four or that everyone's coming back for 08-09.

However, I always look at the bright side. I did get to make some new buddies in HD MM, Jimbo, and Icerberg.

And, of course, you, myself, Sandra, and Sam made a great discovery ala the Gold Rush.

That is sad. I never got to tell anders that UNC made the Final Four or that everyone's coming back for 08-09.

However, I always look at the bright side. I did get to make some new buddies in HD MM, Jimbo, and Icerberg.

And, of course, you, myself, Sandra, and Sam made a great discovery ala the Gold Rush.

:D This is true my friend. :up

Joe Mauer as the starter and Dioner Navarro as the backup. Instead of carrying three catchers give Varitek's spot to a more deserving player (Longoria, Lowell, etc.)

Three catchers is a good idea.

It should've been A.J. Pierzynski (.299, 7 HR, 32 RBI) instead of Varitek.

And Longoria should've went instead of Joe Crede at 3B.

Also, forgot to mention...

FOUR members of the Texas Rangers? Very surprising, considering they are not likely to make a second-half run.

Hamilton's a no-brainer, but Milton Bradley and two others??

Ian Kinsler (.328, 14 HR, 53 RBI, 23 SB) should be starting at 2B.

Bradley (.320, 17 HR, 54 RBI) and Young (.292, 7 HR, 49 RBI and 5 errors at SS) are also very deserving.

The All-Star game should feature the best players - no matter how their team's season is going.

Cleveland's Cliff Lee and Arizona's Brandon Webb will start the All Star Game.

Cliff Lee, who had to fight for a job in Cleveland's rotation this spring, will be the starting pitcher for the AL, the NY Post reported. Lee is 11-1 with a 2.26 ERA.

He'll go against Arizona's Brandon Webb, who will be playing in his third consecutive All-Star game and getting his first starting assignment.

See link> HERE.

Is this official? I haven't seen this anywhere else.

Volquez should be the starter for the NL.

I read the link, I just haven't seen it anywhere else. I looked on ESPN's site and find nothing.

I read the link, I just haven't seen it anywhere else. I looked on ESPN's site and find nothing.

Ramy, I just checked my local sports media source and he said that he thinks that SI may have jumped the gun on this announcement and usually, this is a decision not made until right before All-Star weekend. I’d expect an official announcement later in the week.

Volquez should be the starter for the NL.

Ramy,

IMO, Volquez should be the leading candidate. I also wouldn't have a problem if either Lincecum or Sheets got the starting nod. Like I stated earlier, Webb may have 12 wins but his ERA is in the mid 3's.

The participants for the Home Run Derby have been confirmed.......

The Commissioner's Office confirmed to MLB.com on Monday afternoon that Chase Utley, who hit his 25th home run on Monday night against the Mets, will join Dan Uggla, the Astros' Lance Berkman, the Indians' Grady Sizemore and Josh Hamilton of the Rangers in the field of eight. The remaining slots were expected to be filled by the weekend.

Vladimir Guerrero of the Angels, the 2007 Home Run Derby winner, said on Sunday that he would defend his crown, but Guerrero had not been officially confirmed as of Monday evening.

See link> HERE.

According to MLB, the following musical acts will participate during the upcoming All-Star Week.....

"The three musical artists who will perform during Major League Baseball's All-Star Game and State Farm Home Run Derby next week at Yankee Stadium have been announced, and they make up quite an All-Star team among themselves.

Nine-time Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter Sheryl Crow will perform the U.S. National Anthem prior to the start of the 79th All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 15 at Yankee Stadium, and pop superstar Josh Groban will perform "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch. The game will be shown live on FOX beginning at 8:00 p.m. (EDT).

The day before the Midsummer Classic, multi-platinum rock band 3 Doors Down will perform a two-song set prior to the start of the State Farm® Home Run Derby, which will be televised live on July 14th on ESPN at 8:00 p.m. (EDT)."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)