2008 MLB Extra Innings Pricing Announced

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Exactly, well, almost.

You would be able to tune the EI channel if it was the Tigers feed. If it was an opposing team fead, you would be blacked out. You must watch the local RSN feed, regardless of HD. So away games that are not HD, you couldn't watch the other feed to get HD :(

You would get all Red Sox games, except described above, when they are playing the Tigers, where you would have to use FSN. You may be in Cleveland market too? If so then same thing as with Tigers.

The confusing part is what feed Directv uses.
They generally do home team first, unless it is not easily available (like on an ota station, toronto, etc) then they'll use away. Rarely, they have neither, rarely, and the game is not available.

Also remember Saturday afternoons - you only get your local fox game of the week. No EI games until after 7pm.

Sunday night is reserved for the ESPN game of the week, but no other games are usually scheduled during that time.

The Saturday blackouts are annoying sometimes, as 1pm games would be blacked out, despite the FOX game not starting until 3:55pm (stupid time)

doesn't tbs have the saturday game of the week this year?

beg to differ, there was a story posted at dbstalk, i'm not sure from what newspaper that said differently. and the posted story didn't come from the very unreliable swanni.

check a 10/5/2007 story in the baltimore sun written by ray frager which strongly suggested both teams would have some hd games this season.

DId you even read the 2nd link with agrees with what you're saying?

If anyone sees any free SuperFan deals let us know. I have been an MLB:EI subscriber for my fifth year coming up. I was lucky and got it for free last year when DTV made the mistake of putting it in fine print at the bottom of there page for a day, that it was free for existing customers when they announced the MLB deal last year. I am also a happy camper because all the Indians games are in HD this year!!!

The Blue Jays have an HD feed, but there may be intervening problems with the CRTC. Same format, same system, but different regulations and a different switchoff date (8-30-2011).

It's a Sunday day game - and they BETTER NOT black out all the Sunday afternoon games just for TBS - that would PISS US OFF! :eek:

They won't, but that would be gay as hell. That would basically make us a 5 day week of baseball on it. Good thing is there is only like 2 or 3 games on Fox, so honestly you don't miss a whole lot of games, it would be like on my NBA League Pass blacking the games out becasue a games on TNT, I don't see that happening. Too Bad they couldn't do like NCAA does with CBS, if you have the sports pack, you get all the cbs games on saturdays.

Last edited:
What bugs me about the FOX blackout is not nesicarily the 2/3 games on FOX, but that they ALSO blackout any 1pm games - that start 2:55 hours earlier than their game. If they would switch their game to after 4pm (FOX) the blackout wouldn't be an issue. They use 3:55pm start time intentionally to expand their national blackout time.

What bugs me about the FOX blackout is not nesicarily the 2/3 games on FOX, but that they ALSO blackout any 1pm games - that start 2:55 hours earlier than their game. If they would switch their game to after 4pm (FOX) the blackout wouldn't be an issue. They use 3:55pm start time intentionally to expand their national blackout time.
Ya, but honestly most of the games on saturday, that isn't on FOX is on at atleast 6 cst. That would be cool if they did what CBS does with the college b ball game does though. I sometimes get stuck with the cubs instead of the Cards, because the local is basically in both areas, and the one I get with D TV always goes cubs if both play a diff team.

Blue Jays on Extra Innings?

based on what they are doing with the nba/nhl, we should see almost all games in HD.

. Add in when the home team is Toronto or uses an OTA broadcast and the away feed is not HD, and that adds a few more.

blue jays games aren't available on the MLB Package??

I for one wish the would remove the Strike Zone channel from the Super Fan package. I would think that most people who sub to Super Fan do so for HD not Strike Zone.

I'm one of the late bloomers who have become a fan of MLB since 2006, the season my home team, Detroit Tigers, reascended after 10-plus years of losing baseball and won the American League pennant. But beyond their resurgence I have also come to appreciate the skills and thrills the games and all involved have to offer. And it became a twofer—years wise—when a relative of mine, to whom I am close, experienced her home team, Colorado Rockies, win the 2007 NL pennant for the first time in that franchise's then-15-season history.

So, for the first time ever for me, I'm going to go ahead and subscribe to the MLB package—get the whole package (I need to learn more…)—and will, hopefully, appreciate as much as I can absorb, entertainment wise, of the whole thing that'll allow me to DVR and VCR a number of games I may want to see play out for themselves.

The only thing, outside of money, that is a negative: it's mighty time-consuming. But considering how turned off I am these days to regular broadcast programming (I'm not broken up over the writers' strike; I want the writers to get what they're after; sorry to digress) … I don't think I'll regret shelling out between $150 to $250 for the 2008 MLB package from DirecTV.

I'm one of the late bloomers who have become a fan of MLB since 2006, the season my home team, Detroit Tigers, reascended after 10-plus years of losing baseball and won the American League pennant. But beyond their resurgence I have also come to appreciate the skills and thrills the games and all involved have to offer. And it became a twofer—years wise—when a relative of mine, to whom I am close, experienced her home team, Colorado Rockies, win the 2007 NL pennant for the first time in that franchise's then-15-season history.

So, for the first time ever for me, I'm going to go ahead and subscribe to the MLB package—get the whole package (I need to learn more…)—and will, hopefully, appreciate as much as I can absorb, entertainment wise, of the whole thing that'll allow me to DVR and VCR a number of games I may want to see play out for themselves.

The only thing, outside of money, that is a negative: it's mighty time-consuming. But considering how turned off I am these days to regular broadcast programming (I'm not broken up over the writers' strike; I want the writers to get what they're after; sorry to digress) … I don't think I'll regret shelling out between $150 to $250 for the 2008 MLB package from DirecTV.

You would probally enjoy the mix channel - I do. When the key game your interested in is a blowout, or commercials are on, or you're teams aren't playing, you can watch 8 games at a time, and use the arrows and select button to go to a game that looks good.

Strike zone channel is good too, but only on 4 days a week.

I LOVE the MLB package, and for around $200 with HD - you do get a lot of entertainment for 6 months of the year.

Add the Sports Pack in March and you can see a bunch of spring training games too :)

When you have an interest in the whole league - this is the best.

You would probally enjoy the mix channel -
Add the Sports Pack in March and you can see a bunch of spring training games too :)

When you have an interest in the whole league - this is the best.

Agreed and Agreed on those lines!

Don't forget HD Spring Baseball too! :)

I can't wait! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)