2008 Pennant Races

And by the way, now that the season is over stuff has settled in me, I am seeing a positive to this season . . . we were dead in the water before and after Willie, it was a valiant effort which came up short . . . should we be in, yes, but we are not and going ahead with Schonweiss' departure as well as anyone else out there in the pen' and the additions of Fuentes, K-Rod, Sabathia, Sheets (who knows), we can make more noise in the new Citi Field!

Sabtahi talked has me all riled up. Listen, I give him 110% props for what he did, but do we have statistics on how many of the NL teams he faced more than once and furthermore, what the lineups did against him that second time around. He, like many other players, played for a contract . . . the real test is next year . . . let's see what he does next year. A pitcher who has not seen many of the players vice versa, should bode well.

Santana and Lincecum were great this year and I will put their stats (especially Santana's) against Sabbathia's anytime and do not throw the wins stuff at me!

That's fine, but prior to the All-Star Break, Sabathia played 7.5 years in the AL. The opposition got plenty of looks at him in the AL. He was the reigning Cy Young winner in the more potent offensive American League, just last year. Sabathia has always been a great pitcher, especially as of late. He's in the prime of his career and going to the NL only magnifies this.

Santana is also a very good pitcher, I'm not doubting that at all. I've gotten an up-close and personal look at both of them while following the AL Central long before these pitchers even began their careers. Please don't make excuses on what Sabathia is doing. What he's done is remarkable and deserves every bit of credit he's receiving.

Tigers definitely not looking like the prototypical pennant spoiler (i.e. the 2006 Royals or last year's Marlins).

BTW, Bill, this is between you and me:

May I suggest another avatar idea- it's also 'Pat Patriot' themed and, like your old avatar, has Grogan and John Hannah:

ImgDyn.cfm

That's fine, but prior to the All-Star Break, Sabathia played 7.5 years in the AL. The opposition got plenty of looks at him in the AL. He was the reigning Cy Young winner in the more potent offensive American League, just last year. Sabathia has always been a great pitcher, especially as of late. He's in the prime of his career and going to the NL only magnifies this.

Santana is also a very good pitcher, I'm not doubting that at all. I've gotten an up-close and personal look at both of them while following the AL Central long before these pitchers even began their careers. Please don't make excuses on what Sabathia is doing. What he's done is remarkable and deserves every bit of credit he's receiving.

Agreed 1,000 %!!!! I'll admit, about a month ago I wasn't on the "C.C for Cy" bandwagon, BUT what he's done the last 10-14 days is awe-inspiring!! Let's not forget, we live in an era where pitch counts and number of days rest is given a huge premium. C.C. has shattered the myth that a pitcher can't go out there on 3 days rest ...........3 TIMES in the last week and a half! :eek:
He single-handidly put a franchise that hasn't tasted the playoffs since Ronald Reagan was president into the postseason. It's unprecedented, I tell you (in this era)!

Sorry, C.C. Sabathia is your 2008 National League Cy Young Award winner!

Liriano, still good friends with Santana, there is another Mets possibility :)

Okay, I will stop posting and let everyone enjoy the playoffs! Thank God Heroes and Hayden P. are back on and in HD . . . mmmmmm :)

So... who'll be the announcers for the one-game playoff on TBS?

Last year, one of the Red Sox announcers called the Padres-Rockies game.

I heard it will be Dick Stockton, because he's already in Chicago (he's calling the Dodgers-Cubs series).

Teams that are jinxed in certain places/stadiums

FSN may get rid of national programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts