Status
Please reply by conversation.

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
first got interested in this hobby March 8, 1971 when i went to a closed circuit PPV of Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier 1. when i spoke to the man setting up the dish outside the venue, he told me how all tv was or would be going over these dishes.

a couple years later meet a family who had one i was hooked. told myself if i ever own my house i will get one.

well over the years before that happen i went window shopping looking at the new systems, the advances that were made every year. the next box that came out was better than the last and the different manufacturers one upping each other.

this gets to my question can any old timers of this hobby ever remember a year in the past 25-30 years there was been no new boxes come out for the USA market ?

thanks for reading

With Dish network securing their cards there isn't much of a market. I wouldn't expect much in the coming years. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but those are the facts so it seems. Just feel lucky we have the Azbox.

evolution

When C-band was king, there was no small-dish competition, and a market, though disorganized, existed for home-satellite equipment sales. But only for those who wanted and could have a large dish in the yard. Digital came along and the pay-tv folks grabbed onto a good idea for making money, c-band home-satellite started dying, people settled for "easy" and "quick", no huge dish needed etc. Most of those today who have a little dish setup have never seen the picture quality that existed with c-band.

I wouldn't expect much in the coming years. .

i and bet you hope you are wrong.
that would be......................

you think there would have been a not so good box come out.

With Dish network securing their cards there isn't much of a market. .

this would be another reason not to be Rude Towards New Members.
if true they helped us over the past few years.

what are the chances ?

i had hoped there were old timers that would give a simple:
yes back in 1988 but there were 4 in 89 or something like that.
or no this is unprecedented there was always something even if a bad one.
guess we don't have people that old into this hobby here.goat

also hoping to hear from our Sponsors about what are the chances of getting a new box next year.

I think the azbox coming to NA is well worth it :)

Absolutely. That receiver put into STB form something that should hold everyone for a few years as it supports all the hottest new signal formats that are starting to catch on in the domestic arc.

I second all said for the AZbox it's great and does everything. Anyone offering free testing units?

I would buy one now but the local Government by me decided they were going to kill me on property taxes this year and will be enjoying my Azbox money and allot more I needed for regular repairs and stuff. Bad economy, highest unemployment in years and then rapeing you on taxes. Has to be the :usaAmerican way. :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)