2009 MLB Playoffs

Well it looks like the Red Sox are gonna be down 2 games to 0, and facing elimination at Fenway on Sunday.

Out comes my favorite stat:

In their last 20 elimination games,the Red Sox are 16-4!

I am as fearful of the Red Sox now as I was on Wednesday. They are going home for two before 2 sold out, loud, home crowds. They know this drill quite well.

I ain't waivin' any victory banner yet!

I am as fearful of the Red Sox now as I was on Wednesday. They are going home for two before 2 sold out, loud, home crowds. They know this drill quite well.

After seeing what the Sox did to the Tribe in 2007, I'd say you're being very wise.

I feel better than I did before the game last night. However I am still scared

Phillies/Rockies postponed. No big surprise here. Why would anybody schedule a night game in Denver this time of year? Is it possible some of the people dreaming up the schedule are stupid or is just good old greed. Dodgers and Yankees must be in prime ratings time. In reality, would any time have been good in Colorado with this weather system? I'm just ticked off that I can't stay awake for the 6:00 games no matter how good they are. Lovin' the playoffs, even when the wrong teams win on a home run in a band box stadium. I do think that Tex's HR would have gone through the wall if it had not just barely cleared it. A bad call certainly hurt the Twins but they did strand three with no outs so we have to live with it.

Last edited:
Phillies/Rockies postponed. No big surprise here. Why would anybody schedule a night game in Denver this time of year? Is it possible some of the people dreaming up the schedule are stupid or is just good old greed. Dodgers and Yankees must be in prime ratings time. In reality, would any time have been good in Colorado with this weather system? I'm just ticked off that I can't stay awake for the 6:00 games no matter how good they are. Lovin' the playoffs, even when the wrong teams win on a home run in a band box stadium. I do think that Tex's HR would have gone through the wall if it had not just barely cleared it. A bad call certainly hurt the Twins but they did strand three with no outs so we have to live with it.

What do you mean, why would the schedule it ?
Have you not been paying attention to the last 10 years of MLB playoffs.

IF it's called due to temp, thats ridiculous, they all play when it's cold.

WOW! Dodgers are up 4-0 on the Cards already and no one has posted about it here.

caz the hatahs are upset thats why LOL...

5-1 and on their way to face Phillies/Rockies winner...

WE LOVE L.A... WE LOVE IT

WOW! Dodgers are up 4-0 on the Cards already and no one has posted about it here.

Dodgers and Angels have been the two best looking teams thus far.

Sure the Yankees may be up 2-0, but they haven't looked as dominant as the Angels or Dodgers.

I'd have to say- at this point- an all-SoCal World Series isn't exactly a far fetched proposition!

Not everyone favored the Cards, but for a team that had the N.L.'s best record- they were much-maligned after the All-Star Break, esspecially considering how close they came to losing the N.L. West.

Congratulations to the Los Angeles DODGERS
advancing to the NLCS​

Swept the St Louis Cardinals 3-0

ncf_a_dodgers11_576.jpg

Congrats to DK and all the Dodger fans! Now the problem is that the dodgers may not play till THURSDAY. Remember how it has been for those with long layoffs in these playoffs?

P.S. I picked the Crds to go to the World Series!

Congrats to the Dodgers and their fans on a very emphatic sweep of the Cardinals.

Nothing against the Dodgers, but does anyone else think it's stupid to have a locker room celebration for an LDS victory?

Winning the division? absolutely celebate.................you just won your divison after busting your hump for seven months..........you earned it

Winning the LCS? Goes without saying............you just earned a berth in the World Series and won the league you've done battle with for seven months.

Winning the World Series? DUH! :D Of course.

As a Red Sox fan, it always bothered me to see a champagne celebration because you just won a series that didn't even last a week. It's akin to the Celtics having a celebration after knocking out the Bulls in the first round!

However, there are circumstances where I can see it. An example would be the the Angels getting the Red Sox monkey off their backs at Fenway tomorrow or Monday (or even Wed in Anaheim).

This is nothing against the Dodgers. Like I said, it bothers me when the Red Sox have done it.

Nothing against the Dodgers, but does anyone else think it's stupid to have a locker room celebration for an LDS victory?

Winning the division? absolutely celebate.................you just won your divison after busting your hump for seven months..........you earned it

Winning the LCS? Goes without saying............you just earned a berth in the World Series and won the league you've done battle with for seven months.

Winning the World Series? DUH! :D Of course.

As a Red Sox fan, it always bothered me to see a champagne celebration because you just won a series that didn't even last a week. It's akin to the Celtics having a celebration after knocking out the Bulls in the first round!
:up This celebrating after a winning the LDS has got to go. I mean if you celebrate winning a LDS you may as well celebrate taking 3 out of 4 from the Mets in July. :rolleyes:

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts