2009 MLB Playoffs

The question is, will we have a game tonight? I keep hearing about the rain.
Rain is getting closer and more solid in coverage. This storm just seems to be sitting in the same area for the last 2 days.

bgm_None_anim.gif

Rain moving up to NYC from the south.

A lot of it looks like virga (evaporating before it hits the ground). There is a strong dry NE wind at the low levels drying out the lower atmosphere. Eventually it will moisten up and more rain will hit the ground.

Doesn't look good as the NWS is calling for a 100% of rain tonight and tomorrow.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...=text&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=77&map.y=198&site=OKX

Tonight: Rain. Low around 41. North wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: Rain. High near 45. Breezy, with a north wind between 21 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a north wind between 16 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Weather experts said that if this could have been rescheduled to an afternoon game (1 or 2PM start) there would be no problem in getting in 9 innings. The late start is what puts this game in jeopardy.

Weather experts said that if this could have been rescheduled to an afternoon game (1 or 2PM start) there would be no problem in getting in 9 innings. The late start is what puts this game in jeopardy.
Even if it does rain (which they are saying is 100%) the total for a 24 hour period is about an inch at the most. It will not be heavy and they can probably play through it.

Tonight's starting lineup:

ANGELS
Chone Figgins, 3b
Bobby Abreu, rf
Torii Hunter, cf
Vladimir Guerrero, dh
Kendry Morales, 1b
Juan Rivera, lf
Maicer Izturis, 2b
Mike Napoli, c
Erick Aybar, ss
Joe Saunders, p

YANKEES
Derek Jeter, ss
Johnny Damon, lf
Mark Teixeira, 1b
Alex Rodriguez, 3b
Hideki Matsui, dh
Nick Swisher, rf
Robinson Cano, 2b
Melky Cabrera, cf
Jose Molina, c
A.J. Burnett, p

Wow, must be rough pitching for the yanks, you give up 2 runs on only 3 hits .... a guy behind you commits an error and YOU get pulled from the game.

I've been flipping channels all night, is his pitch count up , is that why they pulled him ?

Guerrero is the Lindsey Davenport of baseball. Every time I have ever seen Lindsey Davenport play on TV, she was terrible and lost. If she lost only three matches (edit) in an entire year, they were the only three I saw. Every time I see Guerrero, he looks like a bush leaguer.

Last edited:
Guerrero is the Lindsey Davenport of Baseball. Every time I have ever seen Lindsey Davenport play on TV, she was terrible and lost. If she lost only three rounds in an entire year, they were the only three I saw. Every time I see Guerrero, he looks like a bush leaguer.
Who is Lindsey Davenport?

OMG- Aybar may have just made a blunder of epic proportions.

EDIT- Halos got out of the inning; never mind.

What he did is no different than any other infield does around 2B.

You can be SURE that the yankees infield will definatly touch the bag if they get a play the rest of the game.

Give McCarver kudos for integrity for immediately disclosing that his staffed had checked the other double plays and found that, contrary to his initial proclaimation, the Angels shortstop had, in fact, touched second on every previous double play pivot.

I used to get a kick out of watching Dwight Evans chase infielders into center field with his "rolling block" take-out slides. In those days, the umpire would call the runner at second out even if the pivotman was six feet off the bag, because the baserunners were all gunning for them.

Baseball came up with a rule around 1987 or 1988 that a baseruner has to touch the ground with some part of his body from the knee or above before running into the pivotman or he is out. A week or so into the season, a Red Sox baserunner (maybe Rich Gedman) became the first baserunner to be called out for such an impermissible takeout slide. It was later learned that the Red Sox were the only team in the majors that had not held a team meeting during the preseason to inform their players of that and other rule changes.

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)