2009 MLB Playoffs

Is this a typo DK?

Sandra
No...

The average score in the NFL is about 21 points per game (14-7), which is 2-1 in actual scoring plays. The average score in baseball is about 9.6 runs per game (about 5-4), which would be 35-28 in football.

They score a lot more in baseball than they do in football.

No...

The average score in the NFL is about 21 points per game (14-7), which is 2-1 in actual scoring plays. The average score in baseball is about 9.6 runs per game (about 5-4), which would be 35-28 in football.

Excellent point. I never thought of it in those terms. When I first read your reply I thought you were playing with my mind. An easy thing to do. When you look at it as scoring plays it makes sense. I guess there are some smart people on the left coast. Just kidding. :D

No...

Ooh, this is way subject to interpretation! Such as...Is a grand slam one scoring play, or four in the DK system? :D

Difficult to compare apples to apples...there are no 28 point touchdowns in the NFL.

Sandra

Ooh, this is way subject to interpretation! Such as...Is a grand slam one scoring play, or four in the DK system? :D

Difficult to compare apples to apples...there are no 28 point touchdowns in the NFL.

Sandra
Good points!

I know it is difficult to compare these two sports as they are so different. Even in football you can score 1, 2, 3, or 6 points at a time. But to keep it simple I am just comparing each time a team crosses the end-zone and each time they cross the plate. In baseball, players cross the plate more often than player enter the end-zone in football.

judging by a lot of hot girlfriends/wifes of baseball players, I concur baseball players score more than football players! :D

I missed my calling - I should have become a baseball player.

judging by a lot of hot girlfriends/wifes of baseball players, .

Money makes any Pro Player handsome no matter how they look .. same as other professions too .. Look at Jay Z or Marc Anthony (Jlow's ugly ducking hubby) or even Jorge Posada (one ugly dood) with a hot wife .. some examples.

judging by a lot of hot girlfriends/wifes of baseball players, I concur baseball players score more than football players! :D

I missed my calling - I should have become a baseball player.
Yeah and how tired can they get standing out in the field for a few hours.

Isn't it weird that today's early game comes from the West Coast and the late game from the East? I'm just sayin'...

I just think it's weird the Skankees are not in the prime time since the MLB Television ratings world seems to revolve around the Red Sox and Skankees.

Isn't it weird that today's early game comes from the West Coast and the late game from the East? I'm just sayin'...

Very strange, and it was the same way on Friday (afternoon game at Chavez Ravine and evening game in the Bronx).

It must have to do with the networks having set schedules. If Fox still had BOTH LCS's, they probably would have reversed both Friday's and today's schedule.

I also wondered if gametimes had to do with MLB trying to achieve a balance in primetime exposure but I don't think that is the case.

Assuming each series goes 7, the ALCS would have 5 games in primetime, while the NLCS would have a surprising 6 games in primetime. Who knew the Skankees would be in primetime less than the Dodgers!

KCK_Halo .. going to any of the 3 games? ama try for tomorrow or thursday, just waiting on confirmation for the tix

I also wondered if gametimes had to do with MLB trying to achieve a balance in primetime exposure but I don't think that is the case.

possibly. There are only 3 days where both series are possibly playing. The 1st 2 games were given so maybe they figured give both series one afternoon game. Whats weird is looking at schedule ALCS 6 and NLCS7 are same day and the ALCS game has the afternoon slot right now

KCK_Halo .. going to any of the 3 games? ama try for tomorrow or thursday, just waiting on confirmation for the tix

I'm in Anaheim now and will be at today's game. I plan on attending the others if things stay orderly fan-wise. There is a TON of extra security for today's game with police on horses patrolling the lots and they plan to have additional security in the stands. I dunno what's up. Whether it's just because it's the Yankees and the playoffs or what is up!!!!

Good luck on scoring tix!

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)