2009 MLB Playoffs

televisionarchives

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 25, 2008
If thats the case the Yankees would win every year. :eek:

Yes, But they went nuts this year. My question is will the fans show up to support the salaries. Lots of empty seats this year.
I wonder if this is going to kill baseball. Let's face it. Many teams will never make it to the post season. I find that sad. They can't compete with the yankee payroll.

REDophile2

Oct 13, 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
The one plus of the rain delay last night was more pregame show. If FOX had any sense they would drop the late NFL schedule entirely for two+ hours of World Series pregame. The NFL can go to the local cable stations for that period.

Than they should override the rights contract, and sign a new one that CBS broadcasts the National League, FOX the American League, or vice versa. Than NBC gets Saturday or Sunday Night Baseball. CBS gets rid of SEC football and NBC gets rid of Notre Dame football. It only makes sense.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
The one plus of the rain delay last night was more pregame show. If FOX had any sense they would drop the late NFL schedule entirely for two+ hours of World Series pregame. The NFL can go to the local cable stations for that period.

Than they should override the rights contract, and sign a new one that CBS broadcasts the National League, FOX the American League, or vice versa. Than NBC gets Saturday or Sunday Night Baseball. CBS gets rid of SEC football and NBC gets rid of Notre Dame football. It only makes sense.
Actually, that was the one negative. They need less talk and more play.

If I want to watch a pre-game show, I will turn it to the MLB Network, which I do BTW

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Sunday's World Series Game 4 on FOX/FOX-HD
Yankees lead series, 2-1
Yankees (Sabathia) at Phillies (Blanton)- 8:20pm ET/5:20pm PT

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
Yes, But they went nuts this year. My question is will the fans show up to support the salaries. Lots of empty seats this year.
I wonder if this is going to kill baseball. Let's face it. Many teams will never make it to the post season. I find that sad. They can't compete with the yankee payroll.
But they still don't win every year. So it's proven money doesn't buy the World Series.
Don't be sore losers.:eek:
Remember not still not over yet.

geonaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 30, 2008
Indian Trail, NC
Actually, that was the one negative. They need less talk and more play.

If I want to watch a pre-game show, I will turn it to the MLB Network, which I do BTW
I agree, only problem is I have Dish therefore no MLB Network. Thanks all for your explanations of the rating discussion. Should have been obvious to me. My team looked bad last night but still enjoying the series. I just wish I could get used to strikeout after strikeout. A running catch or a diving stop is much more exciting than a missed swing or a blank stare at a called strike.

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2006
where's kate hudson this WS? I don't think I've seen shots of her in the stands. Did AROD strike out with Hudson like he has at the plate all series?

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
where's kate hudson this WS? I don't think I've seen shots of her in the stands. Did AROD strike out with Hudson like he has at the plate all series?

hehe... must be the roids that did it.. (no action outside the field LOL)

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country

Didn't he hit a 2 run shot last night ?

As well as a BIG hit tonight a few seconds ago ?

Now, come on Phillies, can you score 2 in the ninth ?

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
If this score holds up, the Yanks can thank Johnny Damon (crucial at-bat, somehow got from first to third on a pitch, scored on A-Rod's hit)

The Phillies had no one covering third when they had the shift put on, is how Damon got to third. He stole 2nd and saw NO ONE at third so he kept going.
This one is now over.

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2006
I think Yankees have this one wrapped up - hard to see Phillies taking 2 in the Bronx if they can win tomorrow night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)