2009 MLB Playoffs

If that's true, why wasn't he starting in the previous playoff games?

I don't know. When he played for the Reds he was doing great all year. They played him in many different positions just so he could get at bat and playing time. I really hated to see him traded.

I have no idea how he was able to hit that pitch out. That pitch was only few inches off of the ground.

Of course, in just about any other stadium that would not have been a HR.

YUP 314ft for a HR.. isnt anywhere else outside Yankee stadium, well unless you hit one at little league

wow, hell must have frozen over! Yanks get screwed on a call instead of being the beneficiary of a bad call!

also, what do you want to bet Jeter will have to take extra bunting practice before game 3? ;)

Nothing sweeter than seeing the Boston Front-Runners literally jump off their own bandwagon and join whoever is playing the Yankees. It's a Fall tradition.

The Yankees may not win this series, but one thing is for sure...the Red Sox DEFINITELY will not win this or any other series this year. All the Red Sox kids (and posters) are still crying from their spanking at the hands of the Angels, a team that doesn't even know how to throw a ball straight. :rolleyes:

Sandra
:up:up:up

I wonder if AROD has struck out with Kate Hudson, too. I don't recall seeing Kate on TV during WS Games 1 and 2. I have seen Artie Lange and Rudy Guilani more (and is that his younger GF with him in Gm2?)

Why is there 3 "L's" on Pedro's jersey?

500x_philllies.jpg

Really?? :confused:

That is news to this Red Sox fan (who's also a regular poster here).

Sure I was disappointed at the early exit this year, but it took me about 10 minutes to get over it.

I just said to some buddies of mine after the final out was made, it's on to the Pats, C's and B's now. ;)

That was in response to your fellow Red Sox fan television archives talking about the tremendous pleasure he took from 'watching Yankee kids cry' in 2004. What goes around comes around.

I get the feeling you're not a Red Sox kid anyway. ;)

Sandra

I can understand how the first base umpire missed the catch/non-catch call on the Damon line drive to Howard. It took multiple slow-mo replays before I was convinced it hit the ground, and the umpire did not have that luxury.

But I loved how Posada, who was running to second, was sure the ball hit the ground.

Why on earth is Jeter bunting with first and second and nobody out, with the potential to break the game open? I don't just mean with two strikes (although that had to be seen to be believed), I mean the whole at bat. The man is one of the most prolific post-season hitters of all time. There is a monument waiting for him. He should be hitting away in that spot.

Give Girardi credit where it's due, though. The fake bunt/hit and run with Melky was perfect.

I love how Pedro walked off the mound ever-so-slowly when coming out of the game to absorb the crowd noise. He is a piece of work.

Hairston got a big hit, but I would still like to see Gardner in center and Melky in right. Gardner's speed is such a weapon. I know Girardi is trying to save him for a big spot, but he could do more by playing a full game.

Not many Phillie fans at Yankee Stadium, I wonder how many Yankee fans will be able to get their hands on tickets for Philly?

Sandra

Why is there 3 "L's" on Pedro's jersey?

Some of the L's in the Phillies logo go underneath the button flap to try to provide continuity of the logo if the jersey top is partially opened since the players don't use double-stick tape to hold the flap shut. The camera caught a moment where the two L's on the main outside part of the uniform were showing as well as one of the L's that is normally hidden when the flap between halves is taut.

Saturday's World Series Game 3 on FOX/FOX-HD
Series tied, 1-1
Yankees (Pettitte) at Phillies (Hamels)- 7:57pm ET/4:57pm PT

have a Happy and SAFE Halloween everyone!!!!! :devil: :D

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts