2009 MLB Playoffs

Watta great night... Dodgers playing @ home and Lakers playing at Anaheim (Pre-season) and tomorow night Angels at home.. You can't ask for more in SOCAL.

Anyone notice a Cleveland connection in the first two playoff games so far?

I'm working on assembling an "All-Cleveland" team composed of ex-Indian players who have been traded to teams currently being represented in this year's playoffs.

I'll report back shortly with the roster.

Starting Lineup:

SS- Mark DeRosa (Cardinals) *plays 3rd Base now, but with athleticism could play SS in a pinch.
2B- Ronnie Belliard (Dodgers)
C- Victor Martinez (Red Sox)
LF- Manny Ramirez (Dodgers)
3B- Casey Blake (Dodgers)
1B- Jim Thome (Dodgers)
RF- Ryan Ludwick (Phillies)
CF- Ben Francisco (Phillies)

Starting Pitchers:

#1- CC Sabathia (Yankees)
#2- Cliff Lee (Phillies)
#3- Carl Pavano (Twins)
#4- Paul Byrd (Red Sox)

Bullpen:

RP- Rafael Betancourt (Rockies)
RP- Matt Herges (Rockies)
*If necessary, this team can roll with 3 starters and have Byrd come in from the bullpen.

Well there you have it. Amazing isn't it?! Hell, I'd have to favor this team over a few of the teams currently in the playoffs!!!

Last edited:
Starting Lineup:

SS- Mark DeRosa (Cardinals) *plays 3rd Base now, but with athleticism could play SS in a pinch.
1B- Jim Thome (Dodgers)

Starting Pitchers:

#1- CC Sabathia (Dodgers)
#2- Cliff Lee (Phillies)
#3- Carl Pavano (Twins)
#4- Paul Byrd (Red Sox)

Bullpen:

*If necessary, this team can roll with 3 starters and have Byrd come in from the bullpen.

Well there you have it. Amazing isn't it?! Hell, I'd have to favor this team over a few of the teams currently in the playoffs!!!

Ughh! It was pretty sad watching CC and Lee pitch their teams to victory last night. :(

Starting Lineup:

1B- Jim Thome (Dodgers)

Starting Pitchers:

#1- CC Sabathia (Dodgers)
#2- Cliff Lee (Phillies)
#3- Carl Pavano (Twins)
#4- Paul Byrd (Red Sox)

Bullpen:

Cool, Sabathia is a Dodger?

And Herges?? He's really an NL guy, with just a handful of Cle games....

Come on guys. I had to be creative to compile an entire roster made up of ex-Indians. As long as they donned the Chief Wahoo cap at one point in their careers and are one of the eight teams in the playoffs, they're eligible.

PS, we also have an ex-Indian manager out there to manage my Mythical team in Charlie Manual! LOL! The suffering... ooohhh the suffering! When will it end?!

I'm happy for the Hefty Lefty. As for General Lee, he can go suck an egg!

I have no problem with CC....I really wish he wouldn't have signed with the Yanks, though. I agree on Lee. After the comments he made, he can go screw himself.

If the Angels can beat Jon Lester and the Red Sox in tonight's Game 1, it will mark the first time since the Wild Card era began in 1995 that all four Division Series opened with the home team winning.

ANAHEIM
This will be the Angels’ Game 1 lineup. Confirmed by Angels manager Mike Scioscia before today’s workout:

3B Chone Figgins
RF Bobby Abreu
CF Torii Hunter
DH Vladimir Guerrero
LF Juan Rivera
1B Kendry Morales
2B Howie Kendrick
C Jeff Mathis
SS Erick Aybar
RHP John Lackey

Morales and Rivera will swap places for Game 2 (when the Red Sox will start a right-hander, Josh Beckett).

Maicer Izturis will likely replace Kendrick for Game 2 — though both Izturis (10 for 27) and Kendrick (8 for 19) have had some success against Beckett.

And the Mathis-Mike Napoli debate will be a game-to-game decision, based more on defense than offense (as has been pointed out ad nauseum this season).

Starting Lineup:

1B- Jim Thome (Dodgers)

Starting Pitchers:

#1- CC Sabathia (Yankees)
#2- Cliff Lee (Phillies)
#3- Carl Pavano (Twins)
#4- Paul Byrd (Red Sox)

Bullpen:

When did Ryan Ludwick join the Phillies? Did I miss something? Do the Cardinals know they need another right fielder?

Last edited:
ANAHEIM
This will be the Angels’ Game 1 lineup. Confirmed by Angels manager Mike Scioscia before today’s workout:

3B Chone Figgins
RF Bobby Abreu
CF Torii Hunter
DH Vladimir Guerrero
LF Juan Rivera
1B Kendry Morales
2B Howie Kendrick
C Jeff Mathis
SS Erick Aybar
RHP John Lackey

Morales and Rivera will swap places for Game 2 (when the Red Sox will start a right-hander, Josh Beckett).

Maicer Izturis will likely replace Kendrick for Game 2 — though both Izturis (10 for 27) and Kendrick (8 for 19) have had some success against Beckett.

And the Mathis-Mike Napoli debate will be a game-to-game decision, based more on defense than offense (as has been pointed out ad nauseum this season).

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will def be ready tonight.. and so am I.

When did Ryan Ludwick join the Phillies? Did I miss something? Do the Cardinals know they need another right fielder?

I apologize about the few typos. Mr. Ludwick is playing for the Cards. I did that list off memory in a hurry this morning before running out of the office.

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)