2009 MLB Playoffs

Now the crowd is chanting, "Let's Go Yankees!"

NO they weren't. They were chanting Let's go Angels. When the Sox and Yanks play this park you might get 20% in the crowd cheering for them. Listen to Jeter adn A-Rod get boo-ed whenthey come up.

NO they weren't. They were chanting Let's go Angels. When the Sox and Yanks play this park you might get 20% in the crowd cheering for them. Listen to Jeter adn A-Rod get boo-ed whenthey come up.
I was listening and it was clearly Yankees (at least at that time prior to my posting).

Don't give me that 20%. During the regular season when the Sox play, close to 50% of the fans are Sox fans.

Yes, you will hear, "Let's Go RedSox" more often than, "Let's go Angels". Sorry, I don't like the Sox or Yanks either, but it is true.

The same can be said when the Cubs play the Dodgers in LA as well.

Even if it is 20%, you will never get that same percent of Angels fans in their parks

I was listening and it was clearly Yankees.

Don't give me that 20%. During the regular season when the Sox play, close to 50% of the fans are Sox fans.

Yes, you will hear, "Let's Go RedSox" more often than, "Let's go Angels". Sorry, I don't like the Sox or Yanks either, but it is true.

The same can be said when the Cubs play the Dodgers in LA as well.

Even if it is 20%, you will never get that same percent of Angels fans in their parks
Ok, I live about 2 miles from the stadium. I've been to games with both those teams and the number of their fans i nteh park is never as high as people think and they do not drown out the Angels fans at all! I go to 20 or more games a year in that park. I'm sorry, but you are wrong. I didn't say they don't get a lot fo fans there, it's never been anywhere NEAR 50%. That's just flat out wrong.

Ok, I live about 2 miles from the stadium. I've been to games with both those teams and the number of their fans i nteh park is never as high as people think and they do not drown out the Angels fans at all! I go to 20 or more games a year in that park. I'm sorry, but you are wrong. I didn't say they don't get a lot fo fans there, it's never been anywhere NEAR 50%. That's just flat out wrong.
I have been to a few my self and watch them on TV. Sorry if your own bias is blinding you, but during the regular season in many games, there are close to 50% Sox fans. The same is true when the Cubs play in Dodger Stadium.

They do drown out the fans. My brother-in-law used to make the same argument. Now he finally admits it as well. When you hear, "Lets Go RedSox" more than "Lets Go Angels", they are louder. Sorry, but it is true.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. We are both rooting for the Angels, so lets enjoy the game and hope they win.

Blown opportunity for the Halos.

(That error by Rivera would have cost them the game if not for the alertness of Johnny Damon coming in from left)

Blown opportunity for the Halos.

(That error by Rivera would have cost them the game if not for the alertness of Johnny Damon coming in from left)
That is the key so far to this series. The Yanks are making all of the alert plays and the Angels are doing stupid things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)