2009 MLB Playoffs

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the best friggin' umpires baseball has???? :rant:

I think bonehead changed things up and chose the worst umpires to work the playoffs this year, not the "best".

can't beleive the umps blew the double play. Angels should play the game in protest because of the rules violation.

WORST UMPIRING IN HISTORY!!!!!!
Close, but not quite.

cards-85.jpg

They need to review every call that boob at 3rd base has made in the playoffs. He's not fit to call strikes in a slow pitch softball game.

That makes 3 of the worst calls I have ever seen in baseball all occurring in one game.

In one half inning of a POSTSEASON game, no less!!! :eek:

BTW, as bad as that call was against the Yankees (Swisher supposedly leaving early on the sac fly), the two calls against the Angels were MUCH worse IMO!!

great tweet!

@tomhawthorn: New #alcs record: Most errors in a game (3), by umpire Tim McClelland, Yankees v. Angels, Oct. 20, 2009. ...

Where are all the people that claim instant replay will harm the integrity of baseball. Integrity may be the wrong word but somebody or something really has to help these poor guys to see a play right in front of them. I think you will have to admit that despite the slow down caused in football the replays almost always help the officials get the call correct and make the officials look better at their job.

In one half inning of a POSTSEASON game, no less!!! :eek:

BTW, as bad as that call was against the Yankees (Swisher supposedly leaving early on the sac fly), the two calls against the Angels were MUCH worse IMO!!

Swisher should not have been on Third base in the first place, seeing he was thrown out by a good 6" to a foot at second base.

I don't think this was the same inning, but the Angels tagged TWO runners out at third base as they were both off the base (and time out was NOT called) and they didn't call either one out .....

Where are all the people that claim instant replay will harm the integrity of baseball. Integrity may be the wrong word but somebody or something really has to help these poor guys to see a play right in front of them. I think you will have to admit that despite the slow down caused in football the replays almost always help the officials get the call correct and make the officials look better at their job.

Lets see, the avg yankees game takes over 4 HOURS, 3 1/4 for the rest of the teams .... and you want to add instant replay to it :D

I know, getting it right is the right thing to do . :)

They would have had at least 5-10 reviews tonight.

I wonder if Jeter would cry to tears say if the Angels do what Boston did to Cleveland in 2007,,,, hmmmmmmm LOL

Swisher should not have been on Third base in the first place, seeing he was thrown out by a good 6" to a foot at second base.

I don't think this was the same inning, but the Angels tagged TWO runners out at third base as they were both off the base (and time out was NOT called) and they didn't call either one out .....
Just the fact that two people cannot occupy the same base at the same time.

Just the fact that two people cannot occupy the same base at the same time.

the problem is that if one of the Yankees was STANDING on third base, then the other one would be out by force or tag out depending on which runner was tagged out or ruled out.

BOTH were not TOUCHING the base when tagged so they should both be out because there was not one standing on the bag when the tag outs were made, thus it is not your normal one is out, one is safe situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)