2009 NBA Draft

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ah, but right there lies the key. Scott Layden was a below-average GM, not terrible, but not good with the cap. Of course Isiah's five year reign of terror made Layden look like a genius.

But that's all changed now.

This will be a free-agent destination in the future. Maybe or maybe not Lebron...I'm sure you don't know for sure, since Lebron probably doesnt' know for sure right now either. But either way this will be a great place to play in 2010.

This is still a storied franchise that plays in New York, at one of the most electric buildings in the league when the team is good.

The New York Giants were terrible for decades. They brought in a good GM, and the decades of mediocrity were quickly forgotten and replaced by championships.

Sandra

I have to agree that once the Knicks DO become better....and that is not a matter of IF....but when, The Garden WILL be a hotspot for free agents.

...Madison Avenue has a way of luring people...:up

And the Pistons select Austin Daye.

Yay.

Wozniak and Jimbo quiver with excitement.:D:D:D

OMG! This is freaking great!:rolleyes: Say it isn't so Joe. What is this kid going to do? I've seen sticks of bamboo that were wider than him. The NBA is going to snap him like a twig. The Piston's should have traded their picks away for a better position in next years draft.

Curry was in over his head, and his riff with Rip was the writing on the wall. In fairness to Curry, I would like to have seen what he would have done with the team he was originally handed, the one with Billups. AI through a wrench into the works. As for the draft, while I'm not impressed with who we got, I wasn't impressed with who anybody else got either. (Excepting Griffith). Weakest draft I ever remember.

Just the same, I wont miss Curry. Firing coaches is what Dumar's does. Think about how many we've had since he took the reigns.

Unrestricted FA Deadline: Midnight Tonight!

To fellow NBA fans, just a reminder that tonight at midnight marks the deadline for teams to sign their free agents, otherwise they become available to the open market.

Teams may begin negotiating with free agents starting Wednesday.

Charlie Villanueva = Unrestricted Free Agent

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Charles Gardner....

No qualifying offer for Villanueva - JSOnline

Bucks general manager John Hammond confirmed Monday that Charlie Villanueva would not receive a $4.6 million qualifying offer by the Tuesday deadline.

The Bucks’ decision means Villanueva will be an unrestricted free agent, able to sign with any NBA team beginning July 8. Teams may begin negotiating with free agents on Wednesday.

After lengthy discussions involving the front office and coaching staff, it was determined not to send Villanueva a qualifying offer. The decision effectively ends Villanueva’s career with the Bucks.

Boozer, Okur Reject Free Agency. Stay With Jazz

The [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=uth"]Utah Jazz News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NBA - ESPN[/ame] are keeping much of their frontcourt together.

After looking at their options, forward [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1703"]Carlos Boozer Stats, News, Photos - Utah Jazz - ESPN[/ame] and center [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1014"]Mehmet Okur Stats, News, Photos - Utah Jazz - ESPN[/ame] decided to exercise the options on their contracts and stay with Utah.

Boozer will earn $12.7 million and will join the star-studded free-agent class of 2010. The decision was first reported by the Salt Lake Tribune. Okur is due $9 million next season.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4298160"]Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur stay with Jazz, reject free agency - ESPN[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)