2009 NBA Playoffs

so apparently after all these years phil forgot how to coach?

LMAO! Exactly....:rolleyes:

I cannot believe I am gonna stick up for a team I REALLY dislike...but here goes.

Have you noticed how NO ONE questioned the heart and pride of the Celtics when they were a FAR BETTER team than the Bulls were in round one....?? Even WITHOUT KG...the Celtics should have crushed the Bulls. The Bulls HAD to win 7 out of the last 10 games just to make the playoffs. Did anyone questioned Rivers as a coach? Some times, teams play in good stretches...and sometimes they don't. Because a team is down by a ton, in the 1st quarter, does not mean they are gonna mail it in....the ONLY indication is, they could be in for a LONG night....that is all. It does not mean they are gonna quit? It does not mean that they are not planning to put maximum effort, it means they started the game playing like crap....nothing more, nothing less. IF you noticed in those games that are down a ton and make big comebacks....there is ALWAYS one single play that triggers it...whether it's a block shot, a 3 pointer, a player taking a charge.... Then there are times that that ONE lucky break just does not show up. Those 3 straight defensive stops does not produce a single point...that blocked shot....GOES IN.

Last edited:
Thanks, Patrick :D:

Ewing guarantees win over Celtics
By: Jessica Camerato
Orlando Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing made his share of inaccurate predictions during his days playing in the NBA. Still, that did not stop him from guaranteeing a Magic victory over the Celtics in Game 7. "“Even though I'm not playing, I'm guaranteeing a win,” he said in an interview aired on ESPN. Celtics head coach Doc Rivers, who played with Ewing on the New York Knicks, could not hide his sarcasm. “Oh that’s great. We feel great about that,” Rivers said after practice on Saturday. “I’ve been on those Knicks teams where he had some predictions.” Visit Green Street for more on Ewing's history of inaccurate predictions.

Sunday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Houston at LA Lakers- Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)- 3:30 ET [ABC (HD)]

Orlando at Boston- Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)- 8:00 ET [TNT (HD)]

Let's get it on boys!!!!

Two games to decide the final pairing in the Conference Finals!!!!! Game 7's in the Playoffs is what it's all about in sports! Best of luck to all involved!

MATT- who would you rather play in the conference finals - Orlando or Boston? Why?

I overheard a couple interesting analysis about this...and I found myself agreeing to it. Orlando would be a tougher draw because when Lebron does his thing....IF he has a big, physical, athletic center waiting for him....has has been know to not drive as much and shoot more jumpers. Now Lebron has improved his jumpshot a TON, but he does his most damage when he drives and penetrates where he can dish or attack the basket. Boston does not have that guy. Also, Pierce having to match up defensively on Lebron, will take it's toll physically and that might be too much to ask on Pierce.

To me, Orlando would be the tougher draw.....

Orlando has had there number, I think 10 out of the last 13,14 or so.

I don't think that really matters when playoffs come about...at least in my opinion. And besides, those games were 1 shot deals, as opposed to a 7 game series. The most interesting stat I heard this more was, when Dwight Howard gets MORE than 10 shots a game, Orlando have won 71% of their games. When he has shot LESS than 10 shots a game.....they have won...get this....70% of the their games.:eek: KILLING any notion that IF he shoots more, they have a better chance of winning.:rolleyes:

I don't think that really matters when playoffs come about...at least in my opinion. And besides, those games were 1 shot deals, as opposed to a 7 game series. The most interesting stat I heard this more was, when Dwight Howard gets MORE than 10 shots a game, Orlando have won 71% of their games. When he has shot LESS than 10 shots a game.....they have won...get this....70% of the their games.:eek: KILLING any notion that IF he shoots more, they have a better chance of winning.:rolleyes:

Maybe somebody should have told that to Golden St. when they took Dallas out of the playoff's last year(?). They (GS) had Dallas' number all season, and then took Dallas out in the opening round. GS was a #8 seed that year, Dallas #1.

You've always said it's about matchups in the NBA...

Maybe somebody should have told that to Golden St. when they took Dallas out of the playoff's last year(?). They (GS) had Dallas' number all season, and then took Dallas out in the opening round. GS was a #8 seed that year, Dallas #1.

You've always said it's about matchups in the NBA...

Yep...it has ALWAYS been. That year....Golden State did have their number, but had ALOT to do with they having not matching up well.

Tough call in either game. I would give the Laker's a nod at home. Not so sure about Boston.

Yeah, I think the Lakers have a much better chance than Boston has winning at home. But you HAVE to think that Boston will pull this out, on pure guts alone. But ALOT has been made about the Laker/Houston series and about teams "quitting" and "no putting in the effort"? Was Boston questioned this much last year when the Hawks gave them ALL they can handle?:confused:

Was Boston questioned this much last year when the Hawks gave them ALL they can handle?:confused:

I can't speak for nationally, but here in Boston they were...........and deservedly so.

IMO, it wasn't until Game 3 of the ECF in Detroit that the Celtics got their act together.

has been made about the Laker/Houston series and about teams "quitting" and "no putting in the effort"? Was Boston questioned this much last year when the Hawks gave them ALL they can handle?:confused:

Two reasons, IMO:

1. Health. Houston is banged up; last year's Hawks were 100% healthy.

2. Lopsidedness- the Lakers' losses in Houston were by a combined 27 points; Boston's three losses in the ATL were by a combined margin of 17 points. While the Lakers were out of it by the fourth, the Celtic games were up in the air- Boston could have tied game 6 on a last-second three.

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)