2009 NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
The brackets for the NCAA Hockey Tournament were announced earlier today. The top overall seed is Boston University, followed by Notre Dame, Denver and Michigan.

Here's the schedule (All times Eastern):

East Regional @ Bridgeport, CT

Friday 3/27
(4) Air Force vs. (1) Michigan- 3:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)
(3) Vermont vs. (2) Yale- 6:30 PM (ESPNU-HD)

Saturday 3/28
Regional Final- 6:30 PM (ESPNU-HD)

West Regional @ Minneapolis, MN

Friday 3/27
(4) Miami (Ohio) vs. (1) Denver- 5:30 PM (ESPN2-HD)
(3) Princeton vs. (2) Minnesota-Duluth - 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

Saturday 3/28
Regional Final- 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

Northeast Regional @ Manchester, NH

Saturday 3/28
(3) New Hampshire vs. (2) North Dakota- 2:00 PM (ESPN2)
(4) Ohio St. vs. (1) Boston University- 5:30 PM (ESPN2)

Sunday 3/29
Regional Final- 5:30 PM (ESPNU)

Midwest Regional @ Grand Rapids, Michigan

Saturday 3/28
(3) Cornell vs. (2) Northeastern- 4:00 PM (ESPNU)
(4) Bemidji State vs. (1) Notre Dame- 7:30 PM (ESPNU)

Sunday 3/29
Regional Final- 8:00 PM (ESPNU)

Frozen Four @ Washington, D.C.

Thursday 4/9- National Semifinals
Northeast winner vs. East Winner- 5:00 OR 8:30 PM (ESPN2-HD)
West winner vs. Midwest winner- 5:00 OR 8:30 PM (ESPN2-HD)

Saturday 4/11- National Championship Game
Semifinal winners- 7:00 PM (ESPN-HD)

Last edited:
Who ya got winning it all?

Because Boston College didn't get in this year, I'll root for either Boston University or Northeastern to keep the National Championship in Boston.

Realistally however, BU has a great shot to win it all, since they are the overall #1 seed.

BU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Denver, North Dakota and Minnesota-Duluth all have a great shot at it.

I really like the West regional because my beloved MN Duluth are in it. :D:D
After laying a turd the last week of regular season (they get swept by Alaska Anchorage for cripes sake) they win 2 in Colorado College as the 7 seed in the playoffs, then proceed in consecutive days to beat Minnesota :D, North Dakota and Denver.
Minnesota basically a home game (its at the Xcel center which is 10 minutes from Minnesotas rink)
North Dakota....the regular season champs
Denver...who hadnt lost in 5 previous finals

Nice to see 4 WCHA teams in it (Bemidji technically isnt in the WCHA but they will be soon ;) )
Really nice to see Minnesota NOT in it (screw you goofers) :D:D

Michigan in the East
Notre Dame in Midwest
NoDak in the Northeast
UMD in the West (how can I not pick them??)

also kinda nice to see ESPN utilizing their other networks too instead of putting all games on ESPNU which resulted in games being shows late night tape delayed

also kinda nice to see ESPN utilizing their other networks too instead of putting all games on ESPNU which resulted in games being shows late night tape delayed
Agreed 1,000%!!! :up

It's nice to have ALL games live. It would be nice if ALL games were available in HD, but I guess we can't have everything. ;)

The only drawback of having all the games live is I wonder if ESPN Syndicated will allow other stations pick up the broadcast to "local" areas like they've done in the past?

I know FSN North usually carried games that involved teams in the market (which would be UND, UMD & Bemidji in this case)

The only drawback of having all the games live is I wonder if ESPN Syndicated will allow other stations pick up the broadcast to "local" areas like they've done in the past?

I know FSN North usually carried games that involved teams in the market (which would be UND, UMD & Bemidji in this case)

NESN has always done the same thing.

After watching Michigan topped by Notre Dame last weekend, I can only think of the sweet revenge in early April. But gotta take care of business in the East first.

First big upset: #1 seed and third ranked Michigan gets eliminated by Air Force, 2-0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)