2009 PGA Championship

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
The last major of the year for golf. Who's going to win?

The last major of the year for golf. Who's going to win?

Tiger and it won't even be that close. He hasn't won a Major yet this year and hasn't gone winless in Major's since 2003 when he fired Butch Harmon and went through a swing change. Plus, he's the hottest golfer on Tour right now with wins in the last two events. Hazeltine is long and will favor the long hitter. It is also a par 72. On courses that are Par 72, Tiger is practically invincible. That's like giving the best player in the world 8 stroke advantage for the week.

I also heard on the Golf Channel that Tiger was the first player to be practicing at Hazeltine, first thing Monday morning at 6:30 am, just 12 hours after he won the Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio. There's a reason why he's so great. It's because he strives for greatness and practices harder and more often than anyone else on the planet.

If for some odd reason Tiger doesn't win, I'll take Angel Cabrerra or Miguel Jimenez. Both players have been as consistent as anyone on the tour this year.

I am not sure who will win, but it won't be Mr. Woods.

I am thinking the same thing. This tournament has been notorius for first time winners. So I am picking Kenny Perry. You heard it here first.

2009 Major Recap

This Golf Year has been very strange. It was the "almost" year. Everyone that "should've won", didn't. Just when you think the story has been written, something unexpected happens.......

In this year's Masters, 49-year-old Kenny Perry should've won, but choked at the end. Instead, Angel Cabrera won in not so dramatic playoff at Augusta National.

In the US Open, Phil Michelson had the perfect story going for him. He was supposed to bring home a US Open trophy to his cancer ridden wife in the hospital. Instead, he finished in 2nd place for the 5th time in his career in the US Open. Lucas Glover went on to win the tournament.

In the British Open, Tiger missed the cut, yet the weekend was still full of optimism and magic. 59-year-old Tom Watson was on the verge of sports history before he lost in a playoff to Stewart Cink on the last day of the tournament at Turnberry.

What will "Glory's Last Shot" have in store for us this year?..........

Guess who's up after 15?

Tiger and Padraig at -4 (also tied with them is Hunter Mayan)!!!

I really hope Tiger and Paddy form a rivalry that has somewhat started to develop this year.....

lets see who falters come tomorrow and Saturday

It is very warm and humid here in Minnesota. Gonna be 90+ the next couple days and dewpoints in high 60's/low 70's

from a non golfer, its just crazy around here. I live about 10 miles from Hazeltine and they are running shuttle busses from the horse race track in town here and bussing them over to Hazeltine. Guess I'll be eating at home the next few days. The restaurants are probably nuts right now

Fun Fact: Minnesota has more golfers per capita than any other state.

More than 733,000 Minnesotans play golf, which equals 15% of the state's population. 30% of the state's capable population are golfers (subtracting children, elderly and handicap).

That's an amazing statistic considering the short golf season in Minnesota!

As long as there isnt snow on the ground, golfers here will golf late into November

Here you'll see a golf course open in February if no snow for a weekend then close for a month because we got snow :D

Fun Fact: Minnesota has more golfers per capita than any other state.

More than 733,000 Minnesotans play golf, which equals 15% of the state's population. 30% of the state's capable population are golfers (subtracting children, elderly and handicap).

That's an amazing statistic considering the short golf season in Minnesota!

As long as there isnt snow on the ground, golfers here will golf late into November

Here you'll see a golf course open in February if no snow for a weekend then close for a month because we got snow :D

And Florida has the most golf courses in the US. IF we can just get them all down here, that would be a HUGE boost in the Florida economy. :D

Did I hear the announcer say that Mickelson just hit the green from 239 out on the 7th using a 5 iron?

P-E-D!
P-E-D!
P-E-D!

Did I hear the announcer say that Mickelson just hit the green from 239 out on the 7th using a 5 iron?

P-E-D!
P-E-D!
P-E-D!

That's not that hard to believe. Phil averages 300 yards in driving distance, even longer than Tiger. And remember that epic shot on 16 last week at Firestone? Tiger hit a 8 iron from 180 yards back to come within inches of the hole. Give a pro 3 more club lengths and some roll and I don't think 59 more yards is out of the question.

Tiger and Paddy #1 and #2 heading into Day 2 of the PGA Championship. And don't expert Padraig to go down without a fight. He feels like he has some unfinished business from last week.

Let's get it on boys.......

Tiger and Paddy #1 and #2 heading into Day 2 of the PGA Championship. And don't expert Padraig to go down without a fight. He feels like he has some unfinished business from last week.

Let's get it on boys.......
Tiger is making Harrington look like an amateur out there. That's not meant as an insult to Harrington as much as it's a compliment to Tiger. The only question is how many strokes Tiger wins by.

Tiger is making everybody look like amateurs out there.

NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)