Not open for further replies.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Vick reinstated by NFL| ajc.com

New York — Michael Vick was reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday and could play in regular-season games as early as October.
Vick can immediately participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team that will sign him.
Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19).
I wonder which team will sign him. If anything, he is an experienced quarterback, and can fill an immediate hole several teams have while training rookie quarterbacks. Not to mention serve as a backup in case the starter gets hurt.

I wonder which team will sign him. If anything, he is an experienced quarterback, and can fill an immediate hole several teams have while training rookie quarterbacks. Not to mention serve as a backup in case the starter gets hurt.
Vick was overrated as a QB. All he could do is run, and teams were figuring out how to keep him in the pocket. Vick was a below average passer and I doubt those skills have improved after 2 years in the clink. The only role Vick could reasonably fill would be as a backup, but who in their right mind would sign a dog killer, with all the protests that will be sure to follow, as a backup?

Vick was overrated as a QB. All he could do is run, and teams were figuring out how to keep him in the pocket. Vick was a below average passer and I doubt those skills have improved after 2 years in the clink. The only role Vick could reasonably fill would be as a backup, but who in their right mind would sign a dog killer, with all the protests that will be sure to follow, as a backup?
Depends. While Vick was an average or so-so QB in Atlanta, he did fill the stands. A team with lackluster attendance could look at that.

Yeah, he still needs some development time as a passer, but he was quite a show and people showed up and tuned in to watch him and his missed time will hurt a lot. This was stunted before his legal fun when Atlanta tried to force him to stay in the pocket instead of keeping him comfortable and mobile as he learned.

Door is wide open though, commish telling teams they'll have him by week 6, and if presumably PR is good he could rule before week 1 for full reinstatement. Including bye weeks and whatnot, he'll probably only miss ~4 games tops with whomever signs him.

Depends. While Vick was an average or so-so QB in Atlanta, he did fill the stands. A team with lackluster attendance could look at that.
Not many NFL teams struggle at the gate that much, and Vick wouldn't help those that do. The only reason to sign a guy is because he can play. And Vick isn't worth it.

Not many NFL teams struggle at the gate that much, and Vick wouldn't help those that do. The only reason to sign a guy is because he can play. And Vick isn't worth it.

I agree. Vick being on the team wouldn't persuade me to buy a ticket to a game that I didn't already want to attend.

My Raiders will sign him as a #3 QB and if he shows ANY signs of a being a decent QB, they will not resign Jeff Garcia next year and he will be the #2 guy. Al Davis has never given a flying crap what ANYONE thought of him and he loves reclamation projects. I would say go for it. He has paid his debt to society and he has gotten the blessing of the NFL.

Yeah, let's see those PETA freaks show up at Oakland...those fans from the Black Hose will beat the crap out of them and scare them away.:haha:haha:haha

My Raiders will sign him as a #3 QB and if he shows ANY signs of a being a decent QB, they will not resign Jeff Garcia next year and he will be the #2 guy. Al Davis has never given a flying crap what ANYONE thought of him and he loves reclamation projects. I would say go for it. He has paid his debt to society and he has gotten the blessing of the NFL.

Yeah, let's see those PETA freaks show up at Oakland...those fans from the Black Hose will beat the crap out of them and scare them away.:haha:haha:haha
It's that or Jerry Jones brings him to Dallas as Romo's backup.

Now I see how he was re-instated so quickly.....Tony Dungy, stuck up for him as his mentor. Tony carries ALOT of weight behind his words.

My take on Vick as a QB might be a little different. He seemed to be progressing well as a young QB until Jim Mora tried to make him a Joe Montana with the West Coast offense. I believe that is why he regressed his last season.

My take on Vick as a QB might be a little different. He seemed to be progressing well as a young QB until Jim Mora tried to make him a Joe Montana with the West Coast offense. I believe that is why he regressed his last season.

I actually believe he was a better QB than most think. People were trying to make too much out of him NOT being a pocket passer. He was a good football player PERIOD. When they let him do his thing....he was VERY effective, where he was scrambling, throwing or just being a decoy.

The logical place for Vick would be Oakland, like Salsa said. Skelator has never been scarred in taking the unpopular project. Plus, make no bones about it. If Vick goes to Oakland and they don't re-sign Garcia next year, Vick WILL challenge Jamarcus for a starters spot.

Another place I can see him is in Tampa Bay. The Bucs are one of the most desperate franchises in need of a QB.

I don't know if anyone will pick him up before the season.

I could never root for this piece of filth. I hope whoever signs him seriously regrets it down the road. I also hope there are dog-owners on the defensive side of the football who deliver their own messages one by one.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts