NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is the most truthful part of that article, and it comes from the very latest post of a blogger....like I said, he has MORE credibility than the actual article:

July 28, 2009 10:10 PM
Tony La Russa needs to do something about all the people driving drunk, like, um, Tony La Russa.

Amy Trask may be President of the Raiders, but unless/until Al Davis kicks the bucket, I don't see how her opinion really matters.

The last line, if ANYONE knows anything about the Raiders....is THE most truthful part of the story...!!!

Quick Scoreboard Update...

Quinn: 3

Sanchez: 0

:D

If you had asked one year ago who would be better, Brady Quinn or Joe Flacco, the score would be a lot higher than 3-0 in favor of Quinn. ;)

Let them play, then decide who is better. :rolleyes:

Sandra

If you had asked one year ago who would be better, Brady Quinn or Joe Flacco, the score would be a lot higher than 3-0 in favor of Quinn. ;)

Let them play, then decide who is better. :rolleyes:

Sandra

That's what I was going to say. I can't pick either one without seeing them play some games in the NFL, Quinn more than he has.

I don't see Vick being invited to a training camp. After the 1st few weeks of the season if a QB goes down he will probably get a few calls. Of course I don't think he could be anymore than a backup/ wildcat Qb now. His arm was always strong but not accurate. I am sure being in jail made both attributes worse. There are teams that would take a PR hit for a good QB but nobody has any idea how much his talent has decreased in 2 years of jail and they don't want to take a PR hit on someone that can no longer play. (Of course now that I post this he will be signed b4 the end of the day.) :)

Thought maybe the Rams would be a good choice give them a little more speed but they have come out and said they don't want Vick.

I find it interesting that everyone ASSUMES just because he is 2 years older, his skills have eroded. Why? He hasn't taken a hit in two years...Has not made a zillion throws in two years...his legs have not had to run for his life in two years.....

...The ONLY reason no one has signed his is due to the PR hit they team would take...THAT'S IT. If let's say he was never involved in the dog scandal and say he took time off because he pulled a Favre and decided to retire....then unretire....EVERY SINGLE team in the NFL would be lined up at the door for his services.

I find it interesting that everyone ASSUMES just because he is 2 years older, his skills have eroded. Why? He hasn't taken a hit in two years...Has not made a zillion throws in two years...his legs have not had to run for his life in two years.....

...The ONLY reason no one has signed his is due to the PR hit they team would take...THAT'S IT. If let's say he was never involved in the dog scandal and say he took time off because he pulled a Favre and decided to retire....then unretire....EVERY SINGLE team in the NFL would be lined up at the door for his services.
You're half right. Vick IS a PR nightmare right now, but I do think there is reason to question his skills. The quarterback position requires lots of good decision making besides just raw athleticism. Playing in a prison yard or playing Madden isn't going to keep you as sharp as you need to be to play in the NFL. I think Vick's skills were overrated anyway so it's not off base to question where he is right now.

The only thing I will give you though is that if Peyton Manning missed 2 years, for whatever reason, teams would be lined up around the corner to see what he had left in him. Given Vick's situation it's just not worth it.

Awesome:

mike073020091.jpg

He can always come to the CFL.....we'll take anyone :D

I think they ruled out the CFL for him because of his conviction he wouldn't be allowed into Canada.

And me take of him is that he is a piece of garbage who forfeited his right to play in the NFL for what he did.I hope he rots !

We're Down to Four....

Texans owner Bob McNair told the Houston Chronicle he's not interested in Michael Vick, which means just four NFL teams are possibly open to signing the quarterback.

The 4 teams left that haven't publicly announced that they wouldn't be against signing Vick include: Patriots, Packers, Ravens and Chargers.

[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)